Transmission interchange on 2004 cavalier help? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Transmission interchange on 2004 cavalier help?
Monday, August 01, 2011 6:25 AM
Would anyone be able to tell me which of these would be a compatible swap for my 2004 ecotec tranny. I believe you can swap the bell from mine onto 00-02 I just need to know which one or all will fit?

2004 ​2.2L L4 DOHC 16V manual trans

Re: Transmission interchange on 2004 cavalier help?
Monday, August 01, 2011 10:47 AM
Its called a search feature...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Monday, August 01, 2011 1:43 PM
I did and was not so lucky to find what I was looking for so if you don't have anything helpful to say or a link keep your attitude to yourself
Monday, August 01, 2011 6:17 PM
_ ECOtecer_ wrote:I did and was not so lucky to find what I was looking for so if you don't have anything helpful to say or a link keep your attitude to yourself

LEt me get this straight... you want us to help you but you gave us nothing in regards to information about your car, or what your looking to do with it... not even auto or manual!

Nothing in your profile, your question was barely understandable and I'm not even sure what your asking... So thats why I have an attitude... DUDE...

I won't help someone who can't or won't help themselves... As for your search...

A quick search on wikipedia would find the chevrolet cavalier page which would show you that the only transmissions offered in 04 was a getrag f23 manual or a 4 speed automatic 4t40E.... search for these and....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_4T40_transmission

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getrag_F23_transmission

Voila... the simple answer you were looking for... as for swapping bellhousings...

Oh wow! A simple FAQ in our library that probably has all the information you need!

http://www.j-body.org/faq//101/

Fancy that!

Now was that so hard? How many times do members like us have to cloud this forum with questions that have been asked a million times before?

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 8:21 AM
Ya howabout you read my post where it says exactly what motor is in the car, oh and by the way 2000-2002 getrag transmissions will fit but you need to swap the bellhousing. My question was only asking which of the 00-02 would fit because there is a 2.2 my and an 2.4 mt and I wanted to know which or both would interchange. I have read wiki obviously but I was hoping for someone who has hands on experience and not a cocky bit€h. Voila? Like I said don't answer my post if u have nothing positive to say go "cloud" up someone elses questions with your holy richardness wisdom der

Here's a link 4 u superman

http://www.derangedshaman.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/downsuperman1.jpg
Tuesday, August 02, 2011 10:44 AM
_ ECOtecer_ wrote:Ya howabout you read my post where it says exactly what motor is in the car,

See how annoying it is when someone ignores whats right in front of their face? Now you know how we feel... the information you needed was right there in the FAQ... all you had to do was look and you would find the eco has a specific bell housing pattern along with the Ld9... the 2.2 LN2 is the only motor that had a bellhousing that was interchangeable with other GM motors.

Anyway, in case you did'nt already figure it out... all F23's are the same inside, so regardless of the gear ratio everything will swap into your case... Swapping the bell housing is not much different from rebuilding the trans at that point.

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:45 AM
Ok thank you
Thursday, August 04, 2011 7:55 PM
your gonna be way farther ahead to just buy the trans you need why people think swaping a bellhousing on a FWD trans is easy LOOK at the case that tells you whats involved its not like an RWD car that uses say a T5 and a company make s30 bellhousing s that bolt to a T5 FWD trans axels are WAY DIFFERENT THEN AN RWD

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, August 08, 2011 7:31 AM
I'm with Alex on this one, and NOTa2_4 it's not as easy as a rwd trans but realistically it's not that bad, I've had mine off on the F23 for my tglsd before. So if I couldnt' get an F23 local for my eco but a 2.4 or LN2..I'd do it to get the car up on the road again.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search