Team green lsd (isuzu) mini gp - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Team green lsd (isuzu) mini gp
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 6:32 AM
Isuzu LSD mini GP

1. gtpsunfire
2. Jamon

http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/59105/

Re: Team green lsd (isuzu) mini gp
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 10:15 AM
could use more info on this other than "mini gp" and 2 names.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Tuesday, August 30, 2011 5:43 PM
Thanks Jamon for getting this started. I still have to check with my machine shop to check what the smallest batch of plates I can have made.

As of right now, I am sold out of Isuzu plates, and dont have plans to keep them in stock any more. Sales on them are slow.

I put a number of 5 inserts (which might change, depending on what I hear back), which will need to be prepaid (at least half, will know more soon), in order to get the plates machined.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Sunday, September 18, 2011 3:16 PM
anyone else?
Isuzu LSD mini GP

1. gtpsunfire
2. Jamon
3. logicalkaos (Trevor Blesh)

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:24 AM
sorry guys i dropped the list i got one of the "newer" phantom grip extremes
my email after ask them about this kit:

Quote:

Hello Jamon,

The regular gold series kit-gold spring is on left, comes installed in the kit-and has a green upgrade spring kit option, shown here-pg gold Kit.jpg $30. The spring upgrade kit will take the base kit from 350ftlbs torque- 350 hp- to 650 ftlbs torque, 650 hp
The X-treme series kit/heavy duty springs, does not come with an upgrade option. It should hold you on up to just over 1000 ft lbs torque, 1000 hp.

If you were to see above and beyond that, we would need to correspond directly, to move forward on that if possible.

Hope that helps

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 12:41 AM
Good luck with it, and let us know how it works out for you! Let us know if you still need to grind your spider gears to get their plates to fit? (do they offer seperate inserts for the Isuzu and Getrag?)

If the Extremes are the same as they used to be, it was 4-8 washers you put between the springs and plates. Maybe its different now?

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:04 PM
for the isuzu and getrag plates are both the same... and the extremes are plates have the clearance built in to them but i will let you all know

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:03 AM
be carefull when grinding the gears down, keep a container with oil or water in it to dip the gears in to keep the gears cool. The few PG Isuzu inserts I've installed over the years, the spider gears needed quite a bit of meterial removed to get the plates to fit.

If possible, just remove the lip from the gears (the larger ones the plates press against), and make sure the smaller ones are flat. Then see if you can remove meterial from the side of the plates, instead of the gears, to get them to fit. Remove a little at a time, dip the gears (or plates) to keep them cool, install them into the diff, and check the plates.

If you could, ask them about their spring rates. I know from their rates in the past, the T/G insert used springs with stiffer rates, and their Extreme kit was washers to increse the compression on the springs. In our inserts, the springs are nearly fully compressed when installed.

Make sure you take pics for us!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 2:15 PM
hopefully this weekend i will put my new engine in post pics of that and the PG install

Thursday, October 27, 2011 12:15 AM
Any updates?

quick link to some Isuzu/Quaife info....
Storm Transmission Modifications

Monday, October 31, 2011 11:00 PM
That's insane, buying a Quaife LSD for $750! Wish I was able to get in on that action for the Isuzu tranny.

Friday, February 17, 2012 9:23 PM
Those still interested in TeamGREENPerformance Inserts, please PM me as soon as possible.

Jamon, any updates with your PG?

Friday, March 16, 2012 7:58 PM
I heard Brian has Isuzu and Getrag plates in stock!!!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search