Luk makes Spec pressure plates? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Luk makes Spec pressure plates?
Tuesday, September 06, 2011 9:46 AM
I was just looking through my computer and totally forgot about what I noticed on the inside of my stage 2 spec pressure plate when I swapped the worn disc out for an LD9 ACT 6 puck. I found a LUK marking and a part number on the inside. If anyone can dig up any info on this number let me know I did a quick google search and got nothing....

Re: Luk makes Spec pressure plates?
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 5:47 AM
I'd contact luk...

to be honest it's probably a stock pressure plate.

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 6:26 AM
Yeah most of our clutches come with stock pressure plates. We honestly dont need any more clamping force until we make lots of power.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Wednesday, September 07, 2011 10:13 AM
me and paul were curious about this when he got his new clutchmaster's clutch this spring and contacted them about it...

they said it is in-fact a stocker but they do modify it some... apparently they weld some piece underneath the surface to make it stronger or something. idk... paul did confirm that they had done some modifications to it though versus an actual stocker...

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 12:59 PM
Strange so many people have had issues with Spec clutches then, Luk is the best clutch manufacture out there IMO.

Bully uses modified Daikin/Exedy pressure plates (In my cause an OEM replacement, since thats what I ordered) and I have the bull@!#$ "My clutch engages whenever it feels like on the pedal travel" issue most people have reported when using the Spec clutches.

I even got the pot depth on the flywheel resurfaced as per Exedy's instructions *sad face

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 4:13 PM
The issue from spec clutches is normally the terrible friction disk.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 4:55 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:I'd contact luk...

to be honest it's probably a stock pressure plate.

I plan on contacting them. I origionally purchased a new spec2 and flywheel new off a member dirt cheap, so I upgraded before going with the supercharger. I remember reading an article can't remember if it was hotrod or carcraft where they covered clutches. I was suprised that just a change in the materials in the friction disc can make such a big improvement in clamping power with a stock pressure plate alone. It was a good read, but like I said, I forgot about these pics. It's been about a year and a half from when I snapped these pics.

Thursday, September 08, 2011 12:24 PM
Friction disk material does make a huge difference, my clutch now is a stock pressure plate with a 6-puck Bully disk and it grabs like a son of bitch.

Almost all the aftermarket "performance" pressure plates are just modified OEM replacements.

Saturday, September 10, 2011 7:52 AM
Just another funny thing. I bought the sachs clutch kit to use with my act friction disk and funny thing, the sachs friction disk says exedy on it.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:40 PM
Leafy (Club Jeffie FEA man) wrote:Just another funny thing. I bought the sachs clutch kit to use with my act friction disk and funny thing, the sachs friction disk says exedy on it.
it was the same way when I did the trans swap in the 540, Sachs kit exedy disc

ʇı ɹǝʍo7 | ǝcoMonstǝrs

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search