4T40E problem ?!? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4T40E problem ?!?
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:44 PM
Hi all,

I have a problem with my 00 cavalier sedan 4speed 2.2 with 235 xxx km

if I compare to my brother car, a 01 cavalier sedan 4speed 2.2l with 170 xxx km

I will try to explain my problem with my best engligh vocabulary (I usually speak French)

My brother's car if I hit the gaz pedal to the floor, the wheel spin, mine don't ! my engine just rev up !
My brother's car change speed faster than my car, and it's the same transmision !

Some people tell me to NOT CHANGE MY OIL, that can kill my transmision, true ?

Please Help

Thanks !

Re: 4T40E problem ?!?
Thursday, October 13, 2011 3:53 AM
The transmission needs a transmission flush, and new filter, but if it has never been done, it may mess up the transmission more than it is already. I would start looking for a new 4T40E.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:30 PM
just wondering here, if it has never had a trans flush, why would it make it worse? interested to know this..
my auto tranny works great & I have a trans interceptor on it, but I don't think its ever been flushed, do u recomend a flush before I get my stall converter instaled...

sorry for the thread hack... just kinda along the same lines
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:23 PM
Changing tranny fluid/filter is important as oil changes (thugh not nearly as often). if it has not been done or you have a doubt,do it.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:14 AM
perfect.. thanks for the info!
Thursday, October 20, 2011 4:35 AM
Craig Daye wrote:just wondering here, if it has never had a trans flush, why would it make it worse? interested to know this..
my auto tranny works great & I have a trans interceptor on it, but I don't think its ever been flushed, do u recomend a flush before I get my stall converter instaled...

sorry for the thread hack... just kinda along the same lines

it is because any particles that have come off the internal components might be holding it together. if you change the fluid the clearances between things might be to much causing even more damage. not the best wording but im sire you will get the point
Thursday, October 20, 2011 9:21 AM
ahhhh I see.. very very good info!.. thanks bro
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search