getrag f23 special tool - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
getrag f23 special tool
Thursday, November 17, 2011 9:21 PM
the transmission shop i took my trans too, my service writers husband told me that there was a special to that must be used when putting back together the f23 trans that cost almost 1,000 dollars, is this true because i never heard of it, can anybody tell me what tool he is refering to

running rich? turn the boost up

Re: getrag f23 special tool
Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:16 PM
All I know is when I split the case, I put it back together using the regular e-torx socket and allen head socket.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:36 PM
Roofy wrote:All I know is when I split the case, I put it back together using the regular e-torx socket and allen head socket.

Yep lol

Friday, November 18, 2011 4:14 AM
Roofy wrote:All I know is when I split the case, I put it back together using the regular e-torx socket and allen head socket.

Friday, November 18, 2011 5:34 AM

same here.

Doesn't mean thatin some manual it list a special tool. Just like the special Ecotec timing tool that was like $300, but you really do not need.

FU Tuning

Friday, November 18, 2011 8:04 AM
its a holder, kindof a jig, it only if you need help aligning the gears, it you really take it apart to replace say 3rd gear. if you are just splitting the case to do a limited slip, its not a big deal not having it. another part olds the gears so that when you tighten the torx you can get a good torgue reading.

you do need the new seals though
Friday, November 18, 2011 8:30 AM
i believe he is referring to the kent moore tool.... just for the spacers and alignment.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:31 AM
Yeah, I used the tool when replacing 3rd and 5th gears in a getrag. You dont need it when replacing the diff, but once you take the whole unit apart, it makes things a hell of alot easier.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 9:41 AM
you can find them used on ebay for a 10th of the price

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, November 21, 2011 1:18 PM
^ any links?

running rich? turn the boost up
Monday, November 21, 2011 1:38 PM
Just search "F23 tool" on ebay, I did and there are 3 different tools on there including the Jig. Looks like all can be had for around $100 depending on who ya buy from.

Monday, November 21, 2011 8:17 PM
yesturday i bought the f23 service kit and the stand for $75 shipped... now i just need the manual and shim kit

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search