Need some Help - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need some Help
Monday, October 17, 2011 9:31 PM
I bought a 2004 Chevy cavalier with a 2.2 ecotech i was told getting a Manual transmission for it would be easy they lied... iv yet to find a transmission for it and iv been looking for about 3 months... If possible i was looking for help in any shape or form.

I can shift from first to second no problem but as it turns out third, forth, and Fifth are not working at all and if im Lucky i can Grind reverse but id rather not due to fear of damaging the car anymore.

I was told this site had alot of people who are very good in this field and i was wondering if you could give me help.

If you have any questions ill do my best to answer them accordingly and to my full knowledge.

Re: Need some Help
Monday, October 17, 2011 11:28 PM
www.car-part.com

02+ Cavalier/Sunfire
02+ Grand Am

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:10 AM
Any getrag off a 2000 to 05 will work if you swap the bellhousing be it ld9, ln2, or if you find an eco you won't.
But what speed racer said, car-part.com is very handy. Where are you located?

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 8:35 AM
Im located in Farmington Missouri

Ill start looking on car-part.com for the transmission
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:51 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Any getrag off a 2000 to 05 will work if you swap the bellhousing be it ld9, ln2, or if you find an eco you won't.

Its cheaper and easier to just buy one with the correct bellhousing. The bellhousing is one of the 2 case halves.
Have you ever priced a bellhousing from GM? List price for one right now is about $400.
Wednesday, October 19, 2011 11:05 AM
Lee Josephs wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:Any getrag off a 2000 to 05 will work if you swap the bellhousing be it ld9, ln2, or if you find an eco you won't.

Its cheaper and easier to just buy one with the correct bellhousing. The bellhousing is one of the 2 case halves.
Have you ever priced a bellhousing from GM? List price for one right now is about $400.

You realize he already has the case half on the transmission in his car right?

"Oil Leak ? What oil Leak ? Oh, Thats Just The Sweat From All The HorsePower!!"

Sunday, November 27, 2011 10:28 PM
02+ grand ams have the same trans mounts as the jbodies? same spots? same everything? will bolt right up?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search