Clutch went today, Need a new one, suggestions - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch went today, Need a new one, suggestions
Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:25 PM
Alrighty I got an 02 Base 2DR Cav given to me, So I immediately threw a trip permit on it and got some insurance and now I'm driving it and loving every minute of it. Thats till my clutch went today.

I can smell it burning and there is no pressure left when I press down the pedal. I can also shift right into gear without the clutch however it doesn't go anywhere. So anyways I went down to a local garage and he called up a parts place and got me a quote on the clutch kit....1199 or 999 were my options.

Now being the base model car I have the 2.2L OHV I would imagine. and I just think those prices are ridiculous. Now on Ebay and other sites I see Exedy and F1 Racing or even XTR racing clutches or OEM for that matter in the 200s or the most I seen was 300. For instance This Clutch right here[/url

Would it just fit right in there?

Re: Clutch went today, Need a new one, suggestions
Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:26 PM
Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:41 PM
clutch would fit.

so would this cheapest I found

Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:42 PM
Thursday, December 08, 2011 1:52 PM
Thanks mate. I will probably splurge for the pricier racing clutch. That Japanese one just looks like bad news. And the F1 Racing one is under warranty. And plus I plan on doing some other motor upgrades later on so the better the clutch the easier it'll be.
Thursday, December 08, 2011 2:07 PM
just cause they mark "racing clutch" on it doesnt mean @!#$.

Gimme 30 secs on ebay and I'll make an ad for a "racing clutch"

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:05 PM
I recommend a LUK 04-194 kit for the VIN 4 LN2. You should be able to find one starting in the $220 price range. Good luck.

--------------------------
NCR-SCCA
Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:30 PM
I dont have an LN2 Vin, And I can't get the japan cav clutch kit cause they won't ship to canada (damnit!!) Theres an F1 Clutch for 180 I think that'll be my best bet..sadly.
Sunday, December 18, 2011 1:35 PM
get a luk stock replacement it'll take all the power you'll likely throw at it.

1994 Saturn SL2 Home Coming Edition: backup car
2002 Chevy Cavalier LS Sport Coupe: In a Junk Yard
1995 Mazda Miata R-package Class=STR
Sponsored by: Kronos Performance

WPI Class of '12 Mechanical Engineering
WPI SAE Risk and Sustainability Management Officer
Sunday, December 18, 2011 5:54 PM
Chris Goodman wrote:Alrighty I got an 02 Base 2DR Cav given to me, So I immediately threw a trip permit on it and got some insurance and now I'm driving it and loving every minute of it. Thats till my clutch went today.

I can smell it burning and there is no pressure left when I press down the pedal. I can also shift right into gear without the clutch however it doesn't go anywhere. So anyways I went down to a local garage and he called up a parts place and got me a quote on the clutch kit....1199 or 999 were my options.

Now being the base model car I have the 2.2L OHV I would imagine. and I just think those prices are ridiculous. Now on Ebay and other sites I see Exedy and F1 Racing or even XTR racing clutches or OEM for that matter in the 200s or the most I seen was 300. For instance This Clutch right here[/url

Would it just fit right in there?

FWIW,
I've got a stock clutch and pressure plate laying in the shop right now I'd take $75 us for. PM your cell number and I'll send you pics. It came with a tranny I bought and I'm not going to need it.
dennis
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search