can any cavi owners diagnose this pic of my clutch plate? : - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can any cavi owners diagnose this pic of my clutch plate? :
Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:01 PM
So i just installed my rebuilt transmission and my 2004 ecotec manual is still not in motion lol, the clutch has pressure and i can shift into gear but upon letting the clutch out, it turns the axles but once you put any pressure on the wheels they stop turning and you can hear what sounds like the shaft spinning where the trans and motor meet. here is the clutch i just pulled out and i see there is cracks on it and one of the plastic tabs are broken. can anyone diagnose this for me? thanks a ton jbody, without you guys i could never have done this ecotec swap in the first place it was running strong for 2 years until it needed this rebuild. i think i may have damaged this clutch by not having it aligned correctly when mating the trans up and not turning the axle to let the shaft slide in. the teeth dont seem damaged but i believe i will need a clutch kit. what u guys think?

Re: can any cavi owners diagnose this pic of my clutch plate? :
Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:12 PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:14 PM

Sunday, December 11, 2011 8:15 PM
yeah, get a clutch kit to be safe. lol.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:21 PM
Is the motor stock? I'd pickup a replacement clutch kit, and if there are palns down the line for more power I'd throw in an 98 ld9 act 6 puck clutch disc to hold the power. It won't break the bank and members have been putting 300+whp down with it working great.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:28 PM
Does anyone have a recommendation on whether to get a standard clutch or is stage 2 worth the extra $, i don't drag really but am a "slightly aggressive driver" LOL

i was gonna pick this up at my local parts store, what u guys think. thanks ahead!

Perfection Clutch Kit 352$
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_New-Clutch-Set-Perfection-Clutch_15330057-P_244_R|GRP60006_____
Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:35 PM
Motor just has cai and hi flow cat and exhaust im prob not going to be building it as im looking to get an awd impreza and just want the cavi running strong for daily driver.
Sunday, December 11, 2011 9:39 PM
Just pick up a standard LUK clutch kit. There are plenty of us(myself included) that are boosted (200+whp) and beat the piss out of our clutches while racing and we are still on the stock clutch.

Error: Sig not found.

Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:03 PM
Wow thanks for the tip!! hopefully this one matches up 212$

Sunday, December 11, 2011 10:06 PM
Wow thanks for the tip!! hopefully this one matches up 212$

Monday, December 12, 2011 4:20 AM
Are you sure the clutch disk is installed correctly?

FU Tuning

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:04 AM
this is the first time the stock disk has been removed, im prob going to order the Luk Kit today and hopefully that installs better

Monday, December 12, 2011 8:46 AM
I ran a stock, Excedy. Got it for $150. Came with slave, clutch, and alignment tool. it worked out amazing. I got 20K miles out of it with the turbo and going HARD at it. Just all depends on how much money you want to save or spend.

Monday, December 12, 2011 10:17 AM
trying to go as cheap as i can but not have a cheap japanese junker clutch that will fall apart lol is that excedy just the clutch disc or the whole kit for 150$ most kits im seeing are 350$+
Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:03 AM
Yeah it looks like the center of the disc broke out. Did you replace the clutch when you did the swap??? Also the ACT clutch disc part number is #6224222 for the sprung 6-puck clutch disc. If everything else is OK, you can just swap the disc and it.. be good for over 300 horsepower and 12 second passes.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:05 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-CLUTCH-KIT-SLAVE-EXEDY-02-05-DOHC-2-2L-2-2-CAVALIER-SUNFIRE-GRAND-AM-/250940958455?fits=Year:2004|Model:Cavalier&hash=item3a6d3f26f7&item=250940958455&pt=Mo tors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Looks like its $175 now. Thats the exact clutch, slave, pressure plate combo that I went 12.6 @ 117 on.

Yes, for that price, clutch, pressure plate, alignment tool, and new slave cylinder for $176 SHIPPED! I used it at 300+ hp and multiple 12 second passes, and it lasted 20K HARD HARD HARD MILES.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search