Ralco RZ Short Shifter - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ralco RZ Short Shifter
Thursday, December 15, 2011 9:00 AM
hey guys, how are you. I was wondering for those who have the Ralco RZ short shift for the ecotec. How is it? Does it include all the hardware needed for the installation or anys mods need to be done in addition? The B&M is too much so I wanted to go with this option, though I want advises. Thank you.

Re: Ralco RZ Short Shifter
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:28 PM
Mine didn't come with instructions but I found this thread that helped me after I bought it. http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=45&i=103455&t=103455
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 8:38 PM
Thank you for responding. Yeah I saw they do not come with instructions. How was the installation, any extra mods needs to be done, does it come with all the required accessories? How does it feel compare to OEM?
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 1:05 PM
I love mine, Eco and 2200 are the same Getrag. As long as you adjust the cables properly and lubricate everything well you will be fine. The design is solid... no reason to buy the B&M.

The knob is heavy, I put the stock knob on and love it. Shift effort is higher, with a very connected solid feel.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Thursday, December 22, 2011 8:46 AM
Hey Alex. Thank you for the picture. When installing, did it come with all the necessary hardware? Did you have to do any additional mods? One little thing is concerning me is the removal of the cables, I do not want to brake them. Any pictures or threads that will show such process? Thank you.
Thursday, December 22, 2011 6:10 PM
Richard Trick wrote:Hey Alex. Thank you for the picture. When installing, did it come with all the necessary hardware? Did you have to do any additional mods? One little thing is concerning me is the removal of the cables, I do not want to brake them. Any pictures or threads that will show such process? Thank you.

Yea it did... Came with fresh side to side bushings and a new pivot pin for the side to side pivot arm. I would bring the whole shifter out and plan on making a trip to your local hardware store... I replaced the o rings that tension the ball seat since it loosens over time. The cables will just need to be pryed off.. if your careful you should not break them. I would personally pull the adjusters all the way out of the cable and leave the ends on the shifter, remove the assembly then pull the ends off the cables off the assembly.

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Saturday, December 24, 2011 2:30 PM
I would go with the stock nob if you live somewhere with cold winters. It' s annoying to drive with a freezing shifter all day, that and my hand froze to the ralco nob today. (wet hand + cold meta = )
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search