Opening F23 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Opening F23
Wednesday, December 14, 2011 12:55 PM
Hey Guys. I'm gonna be opening the F23 this weekend to change the differential bearings. Whats the best way to get it open and is there anything I should watch out/be prepared for? Thanks for the help. I have the special tool kit to remove the bearings and press them on so that should make it alittle easier.

Re: Opening F23
Thursday, December 15, 2011 5:50 PM
when taking it apart, there is one bolt that is hidden under a black cover near the input shaft. you'll need a replacement cover as it's about impossible to get out without destroying.

when putting it back together, make sure the dowel pins are fully seated before tightening the bolts down... don't ask how I know...

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:24 PM
Thanks for the reply. Had it open the other day and everything went well. Bought one of those black covers from the dealer before I started. I was getting a humming noise with speed from the front end and thought it was the differential bearings cause I had just replaced the cv axles and hubs on bothe sides. After all that work the hum is still there. So bummed out.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011 5:10 PM
strat81 wrote:when taking it apart, there is one bolt that is hidden under a black cover near the input shaft. you'll need a replacement cover as it's about impossible to get out without destroying.

when putting it back together, make sure the dowel pins are fully seated before tightening the bolts down... don't ask how I know...

Good to know

http://www.overkillengineeringmotorsports.com/
Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:28 AM
Justin Krzeminski wrote:Thanks for the reply. Had it open the other day and everything went well. Bought one of those black covers from the dealer before I started. I was getting a humming noise with speed from the front end and thought it was the differential bearings cause I had just replaced the cv axles and hubs on bothe sides. After all that work the hum is still there. So bummed out.

Sounds like wheels bearing.

FU Tuning

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:35 AM
I cannot stress what Strat said enough...I have a feeling him an I share a similar experience.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:10 AM
Didnt skunk break that for you?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search