clutch poblem eco - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
clutch poblem eco
Friday, December 23, 2011 10:56 PM
Clutch is slipping when i punch the gas and it doesnt really have any balls left in the trans, "its also not really ingaging the gear until the pedal is almost all the way out." I was getting metal in my clutch fluid resivor for a few days but i kept changing it out and putting in fresh.. i think the cause of the problem happend by doing burnouts.. im still paying on my jbody till the end of next year wat do i do? im a college student and cant afford to replace my clutch..

http://quad4forums.com/forums/image.php?u=1139&type=sigpic&dateline=1222064427

Re: clutch poblem eco
Friday, December 23, 2011 11:25 PM
Your kinda boned I think. Your clutch is most likely on it's way out. I would NOT punch the gas and I would drive it like a granny, but sooner or later, it will leave you stranded. May last a year or might last a week, but clutch will have to be replaced. Not much more that you can do. I would tell you to adjust your clutch pedal some, but not really an option on the j-bodies. The cheapest route is to try and get a used clutch set and install it yourself if you are mechanically inclined. I do not recommend it, but it will be your cheapest option... Maybe get a couple of your friends to help you. Should not take a whole lot of time to do. I do not recommend used clutches, but if your strapped on cash, then it should do til you get the car paid off.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 12:16 AM
do it once, do it right. Find a way to get money. I'm a college student too, but there are MANY ways to make money instead of bitching about it like 99% of people.
Do it once, don't worry about it. Half ass it, and well...worry about it breaking once again.

Saturday, December 24, 2011 10:36 AM
quick @!#$ doing burnouts! problem solved. you brought it on yourself. You can get a full clutch kit off ebay for $150 or so. do that. replace it. quit doing burnouts.

Monday, December 26, 2011 4:40 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:quick @!#$ doing burnouts! problem solved. you brought it on yourself. You can get a full clutch kit off ebay for $150 or so. do that. replace it. quit doing burnouts.

QFT...

Now OP Quit yer bitching...

Buildin' n' Boostin for 08' - Alex Richards
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 10:02 PM
is it gonna mess my trans up cause its slipping? answer quick thanks!

http://quad4forums.com/forums/image.php?u=1139&type=sigpic&dateline=1222064427
Tuesday, December 27, 2011 11:09 PM
not if you are lucky, replace it, quit doing burnouts. nuff said.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search