Isuzu filler cap - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Isuzu filler cap
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:59 AM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:
gtpsunfire wrote:Thats cool, but I wouldnt get it. Im trying to find ways to hide my engine oil dipstick. lol

put it where the chrome dont shine.

Is there such a spot in my engine bay?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:46 AM
Holy crap that is a huge dipstick - honestly whats the point of that? The little one is just fine!! Simply check the compact one every few oil changes, you're under there anyway!

It looks a heck of a lot like the LD9 oil dipstick tube... why not just get one of those and bend it into shape and install it with an o-ring?

I sure wish the F23 had at least a plug or something you could put a dipstick into... I can't for the life of me understand why they were designed without one.

Darren, couldn't you just chop down the current LD9 dipstick tube and shorten the dipstick itself the same amount and have it down near the top of the trans? That would hide it well, it would just suck to get your arm down there to pull it and check the level if the engine is hot...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:10 AM
It is pricey new, but I doubt anyone will actually buy it new. Maybe a new seal, but that is it. I like the idea of having one. I am not all about show. I keep my nay clean and that is about it. Darren with the chrome engine bay... I think a polished/chrome brake booster would look sick!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 10:26 AM
Freelancer1988 wrote:It is pricey new, but I doubt anyone will actually buy it new. Maybe a new seal, but that is it. I like the idea of having one. I am not all about show. I keep my nay clean and that is about it. Darren with the chrome engine bay... I think a polished/chrome brake booster would look sick!

Believe it or not the LD9 dipstick tube is about $90 new, too. The seal is expensive, also. I don't see how!!! Damn GM...

Darren is going with a Wilwood Master Cylinder I believe...

-Chris-

-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Wednesday, February 15, 2012 11:42 AM
Yup, bought McMoneys wilwood master and I will be relocating the distribution block to hide it

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:50 PM
gtpsunfire wrote:Yup, bought McMoneys wilwood master and I will be relocating the distribution block to hide it

very nice.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:56 PM
Found it finally, covered in years of road crap amd who knows what else..
Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:20 PM
The dipstick tube is pretty sweet looking but seriously? $90?! As for those saying it's hard to get to, it honestly is not. I can reach down from the top and grab it. Have a PVC tube stuck to the bottom of a funnel and you're done.
Sunday, March 04, 2012 10:35 PM
i use a piece of vacuum hose on the end of the bottle and snake it right down in works every time and no mess
Monday, March 05, 2012 9:43 AM
nobody is really claiming its difficult, just annoying, really... thats all.

for as dumb engineered as the brake booster vaccum tubing/hose "system" is they could have used an actual dipstick for the trans instead of that teeny bitch ass one they gave us LOL

Come join us over on the Olds Quad 4 and Twin Cam Facebook group!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search