get up and go - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
get up and go
Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:23 PM
So I have become accustomed to not having a lot of get up and go with my LN2 engine. The other day my dad and I went for a drive and he was driving, he went to go and pass a car on the freeway and had the pedal right down to the floor and there was no immediate throttle response. It is a manual transmission in a 2002 sunfire. My dad expects that there should be some sort of "passing gear in the tranny." I have just gotten used to the lack of power in the LN2 and go down into 4th if i absolutely have to.

What do you guys think ? could it be plausible that i might have a loose or leaky vacuum hose?

thanks.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?

Re: get up and go
Sunday, March 18, 2012 6:58 PM
there is no option but to do your own shifting...that is, there is no "passing gear" unless you downshift.
d
Sunday, March 18, 2012 7:15 PM
A manual transmission that does not kick down to a lower gear when floored? Sounds about right to me. I've got an LN2 and have no trouble passing other cars on the highway.

Sunday, March 18, 2012 8:38 PM
I thought so. Thanks for the confirmation.

I am looking for struts for my newly aquired Eibach pro-kit performance coils, If anybody has some?
Monday, March 19, 2012 5:51 PM
Culinary Graffiti wrote:My dad expects that there should be some sort of "passing gear in the tranny."

What do you guys think ?

that your dad either

1)has never driven a manual car before, or

2) has no idea how a manual transmission works, and is ignorant of the "manual" part of the manual transmission.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search