Clutch work - complete. Bad experience with pics! - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch work - complete. Bad experience with pics!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:47 PM
So finally got around to changing the clutch.

Decided to go with a Clutchnet kevlar disc and one of their high-load pressure plates. That was a bad idea.
Took them 3 weeks tons of unanswered phone calls and an email asking to cancel them before they finally shipped. And they send me the wrong clutch cover. Long story short. Had to buy the perfection kit from Napa to finish the project. Ended up returning the Clutchnet set. Did not use the slave that came with the Napa kit, it looked and felt really cheaply made compared to the standalone I got from Rockauto (I didn't go cheap, check the side by side pics)

All the new parts:

The clutch (raybesto's stamp and clutchnet sticker?):

New flywheel:

Trans removed:

Old clutch:

Test fit:

Differences why the clutch cover won't work:

Two new slaves:

And the new Napa kit installed it was not as "picture-friendly" so I did not bother taking pics.

Overall it drives very nice. I like it I also changed the fluid in the trans (Izusu) to the Royal Purple syncromesh, man it feels brand new!

Re: Clutch work - complete. Bad experience with pics!
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:33 PM
Looks like they sent you a Getrag clutch cover, maybe disc too since it looks a bit small. But the Getrag/Isuzu 2.4 disc is interchangeable.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 7:57 PM
Oh I know they did (I've seen my fair share of Getrag trans in the Junkyards). What really grinds my gears is when I ordered the parts in the comments box I said: I have a '97 crapalier with the Isuzu MJ1 trans. Please let me know if there will be any problems. About a week later I got a call from them and some guy CONFIRMED with me my parts. A

There's a lot more crap to this ordeal (getting a refund wasn't exactly smooth and I had to pay to ship it back) and I have screenshots for everything. but I'm pretty sure JBO doesn't want to hear anymore of my whining. LoL.
Wednesday, March 28, 2012 5:05 AM
OMG wrote:There's a lot more crap to this ordeal (getting a refund wasn't exactly smooth and I had to pay to ship it back) and I have screenshots for everything.
That's a bunch of bullsh!t. They sent you the wrong parts after confirming your application, and then they made you pay the return shipping? They obviously don't focus on customer service. Good to know.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 2:36 PM
Future reference KY Clutch kits are the way to go. Premium quaility at a fraction of the cost of others.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search