Clutch Problem - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Clutch Problem
Saturday, April 07, 2012 2:56 PM
I bought a clutch kit from napa. Long story short, i'm on my 3rd clutch kit, all were replaced on warranty. My problem is that my transmission died on me just before put the last kit in. My car is a 97', but the only transmission I could find was from a 2000. I put that warrantied clutch kit in my car with the year 2000 transmission. Now I have a problem that began with hard shifting, very randomly. Now it whines like a metal on metal sound when I hold my clutch too the floor. I swapped my master cylinder out, so I know its either the clutch kit or the tranny. But im sure its something with the kit. Is it possible I put a clutch for a 97' Isuzu ld9 in a getrag transmission, Would it even fit?

Re: Clutch Problem
Saturday, April 07, 2012 3:11 PM
Ok if your running a getrag tranny (which would be in a 2000+ Jbody 5 speed car) you need a clutch kit for a getrag, also a flywheel (I believe they are different).

The clutch master is different from a isuzu and a getrag, they even connect different. The throw out bearing is different as well. This is likely your issue.

FU Tuning

Re: Clutch Problem
Monday, April 09, 2012 1:44 PM
Well...I found out that I do have the right clutch kit for my tranny. I do have a 1999 transmission, not a yr 2000 like I thought. So here's my dilemma now. I am not putting another aftermarket napa clutch in my car, ever again. I do however have to decide which clutch kit I am going to use. This is the 4th time I will have the transmission out to repair defective parts, so this time I wanna put good parts on. I have a choice between LUK or AC DELCO. The LUK kit is 380$, and the AC DELCO kit is 440$. What do you's recommend?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search