I need clutch options! (NO SPEC!!) - Page 4 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I need clutch options! (NO SPEC!!)
Friday, May 14, 2010 4:59 AM
We will see if the bully stg 4 can hold 500 hp here in the near future!

Sunday, May 16, 2010 8:26 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:The last time I looked into spec clutches I actually took the time and pm'd the people whos said they sucked balls. Everyone of them admited that they didn't properly break in the clutch or they didn't do it exactly.

Of the people that had the issues a heavy majority installed themselves very few had them installed by someone who had proper experience. Not saying the were incapable with installing it properly but it's something to consider none the less.

Both of mine have sucked. They were broken in as per spec instructions. I installed them myself. It was done correctly. I know WTF I am doing. Even with improper break in you wont end up with a jacked up inconsistent engagement.

Saturday, April 07, 2012 7:47 PM
Qwik2k2z24 wrote:Just got word one of my local friends distributes Clutchmasters at his new job.

FX300 will most likely be my choice.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead.

Jay....Which clutch did you end up going with?? I am switching to a Getrag with similar power levels and I am stuck on what clutch to use. Since there were issues with some aluminum flywheels, I will be using a lightened stock one

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Saturday, April 07, 2012 8:34 PM
I bought a new clutch kit from napa after my stock slave leaked at about 180,000 km. The new napa clutch lasted about 2 months. The clutch started to squeal like dry door hinge when it engaged. Turns out it was the springs that came loose, almost falling out. So again I went and got another kit on warranty from napa, and I bought a brand new flywheel for $hits and giggles. Installed it. it lasted about 3-4 months, the slave leaked. Back to napa. got a new kit on warranty, AGAIN. Argued with them about me having to pay labour each time one of their garbage kits fuc%ked up. Put the new kit in. I put on about 30,000 km, took it out last week from winter storage, and just today, yet again, ANOTHER problem. Started to shift rough, and began to whine and make a metal on metal sound when I push my clutch all the way to the floor. The clutch fluid was fine, but very dark. I decided to pull a master cylinder off a scrap 2200 to see if it wasnt maybe that the problem. Changed the master, and it's still the same. Now I have to double clutch every gear. I was gonna sell my car in parts and call it a loss and buy another car. But I'm gonna be stubborn and call up GM on tuesday and order a stock z24 clutch kit right from them. I have a garage price now so it shouldnt be much more than what I paid for the @!#$ty napa kit. Thats the last thing I ever buy from napa.

Sunday, April 08, 2012 8:10 AM
Just get a Luk clutch. MUCH cheaper and they take a @!#$ kicking. Thats the best stock replacement clutch I ever had.

Monday, April 09, 2012 1:46 PM
I have a small dilemma. I am not putting another aftermarket napa clutch in my car, ever again. I do however have to decide which clutch kit I am going to use. This is the 4th time I will have the transmission out to repair defective parts, so this time I wanna put good parts on. I have a choice between LuK or AC DELCO. The LuK kit is 380$, and the AC DELCO kit is 440$. What do you's recommend?

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:15 PM
Does that delco price include the throwout bearing?

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:20 PM
The guy said it was the full kit. Slave cylinder included. Im pretty sure the bearing and the slave is all one peice...or am I wrong?

Monday, April 09, 2012 2:29 PM
Someone recommended Exedy. But I believe that might be the same brand that I got the first time from Napa. If it is, I wouldnt touch it with a 10 foot stick.

Monday, April 09, 2012 6:33 PM
KY Clutch, honestly!!! Best in value and will hold more power than you can toss at it (in 99% of cavaliers/sunfires)

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 4:46 AM
^ Even around 350hp?

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 6:15 AM
I just called KY Clutches...and within the first 5 seconds of the call i've decided I don't want a KY clutch. The guy who answered sounded like he was $hit-faced drunk, and after I asked the first question, he hung up on me.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 8:23 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:KY Clutch, honestly!!! Best in value and will hold more power than you can toss at it (in 99% of cavaliers/sunfires)

Aaron, is KY clutch still willing to make a clutch for the LD9/F23??

Jason
99 Z24

LG0/LD9 for Life
10 Year Bash Veteren
Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:34 AM
Blwn LD9 wrote:
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:KY Clutch, honestly!!! Best in value and will hold more power than you can toss at it (in 99% of cavaliers/sunfires)

Aaron, is KY clutch still willing to make a clutch for the LD9/F23??

Yes they are, just have to go through us, as they are custom. KY does not have a shelf stock clutch for the 2.4L. We helped KY develop the Ecotec Clutch kits. We tested them too.

Anyone that gets a KY will be VERY suprised in the value and the HUGE holding power these kits can produce! It is the #1 clutch kit for the Cobalts/Ions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:43 AM

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Thursday, April 19, 2012 12:53 PM
Where is everyone getting Luk clutches? I'm also in Canada so not sure if there is a local vendor. Or do you just order them from lukclutches.com?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires - **SOLD**
2014 Kia Forte Koup SX 6spd - 1.6L Turbo - My new car
2015 Kia Sorento EX V6 AWD - Wifes Car

Thursday, April 19, 2012 4:00 PM
Scott is in Canada and can get you Bully direct to you... Just another idea for you.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 1:59 AM
Rick wrote:Where is everyone getting Luk clutches? I'm also in Canada so not sure if there is a local vendor. Or do you just order them from lukclutches.com?

I got mine from carolinaclutch.com. Ebay is another option, and I'm not sure who's going to charge Duke $380 for the LUK clutch because you can get a LUK 04-158 clutch set for under $200 all day long.

Sunday, April 22, 2012 7:14 PM
i made 422whp and 356 tq on a spec stage 2 clutch and it holds just fine. also using a spec aluminum flywheel.

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Sunday, April 22, 2012 8:20 PM
Publikdstrbnce wrote:i made 422whp and 356 tq on a spec stage 2 clutch and it holds just fine. also using a spec aluminum flywheel.

Yeah bet it wont for very long.

Buy my stuff!!! CLICK

R.I.P. Brian Klocke, you will never be forgotten
Monday, April 23, 2012 3:24 AM
I got mine from http://www.rkbuzzell.com/.... They charged me 424$, that's including a 90$ master cylinder from doorman. So my Luk kit was a little over 300$ at garage price. Where do you get them in Canada for 200$?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search