Tranny rebuild help - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny rebuild help
Tuesday, May 01, 2012 12:16 PM
I have a 2002 Cavy 2.2 DOHC Ecotec 5 speed. It has about 190k miles on it and stock everything. Now it is starting to grind when going into 2nd and sometimes pops out. So it sounds like the syncros to me. I was going to go ahead and do a tranny rebuild but I was looking at the kits in autozone and they have 3 different kits for this car ranging from $189-400+. How do I know which kit I need for my car?

Re: Tranny rebuild help
Saturday, May 05, 2012 6:45 AM
Or can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can get a rebuild kit. I have checked drivetrain.com but I do not see the parts list available for that year.
Friday, May 11, 2012 11:02 AM
Has anyone done anything like this? Is there another webpage that I can get information?
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 12:38 PM
i do have the same deal as u but mine is 3rd gear and now reverse plz help us.
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 1:06 PM
Probably cheaper/easier to find a low mileage trans
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 2:52 PM
I only found the one for the automatic at Autozone, where did you find he other two?

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 3:07 PM
oh and if it helps you have the F23, heres a link to separate parts, I drilled down with an 2003 because its easier, only have to worry about whether its an automatic or manual, not three different engines. you can take the part number to a dealer, or google them and find someone who has them cheaper like rockauto.com or GM Parts direct. trans diagram

Wednesday, May 16, 2012 5:02 PM
Maybe its been a long day or I do not know enough of what im talking about. Looking at the diagram which is the syncro. I do not see them in the description.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search