Where's the speed sensor plug on a manual transmission? (95-97) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where's the speed sensor plug on a manual transmission? (95-97)
Thursday, May 17, 2012 8:21 PM
I feel like an idiot asking this question as I consider myself very mechanically inclined, but for the life of me, I can not find where the wire for the speed sensor plugs into the transmission. Does anyone have a picture or a detailed description of where it is supposed to be plugged in? Where's the speed sensor on the transmission?

1994 Pontiac Trans Am 6-speed
Vortech V1 @ 7psi, Eagle rods, Low compression pistons, Comp Cam, Ported Heads, Roller Rockers, Ported Intake Manifold, Holley 58mm TB, 42# Injectors, MSD Optispark, MSD Coil, F.A.S.T ECU, Crane Cams Ignition, Mid-length headers catless, Hurst shifter, Adjustable panhard bar, ZR1 wheels. She gets the job done.

Re: Where's the speed sensor plug on a manual transmission? (95-97)
Thursday, May 17, 2012 9:52 PM
Not 100% for sure but I know my 98 is on top drivers side. I believe a purple and yellow wires
Friday, May 18, 2012 3:01 AM
Driver side
Straight below the brake master cylinder.

Probably hard to see, as it's likely covered in crap. Should be a little dip stick there too.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Friday, May 18, 2012 7:51 AM
Hmmm. The only plug left on my harness which I thought was for the speed sensor won't plug in there.
Where on the harness does the speed sensor plug come out? It might be hidden somewhere on the harness that I couldn't see while swapping motors

1994 Pontiac Trans Am 6-speed
Vortech V1 @ 7psi, Eagle rods, Low compression pistons, Comp Cam, Ported Heads, Roller Rockers, Ported Intake Manifold, Holley 58mm TB, 42# Injectors, MSD Optispark, MSD Coil, F.A.S.T ECU, Crane Cams Ignition, Mid-length headers catless, Hurst shifter, Adjustable panhard bar, ZR1 wheels. She gets the job done.

Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:23 PM
take a pic of the plug? What color wires are going to it?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search