Quick question about torque converter bolted to the flywheel - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Quick question about torque converter bolted to the flywheel
Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:29 PM
Just wanted to see if it matters how you bolt the torque converter to the flywheel. Can any of the 3 bolt holes in the flywheel, line up with any of the holes in the torque converter? Just wanted to be sure. Wasn't sure if you needed to line them up a certain way or anything. This may be a stupid question, but hey, you don't know unless you ask.

"If I'm not back in 5 minutes...just wait longer"

Re: Quick question about torque converter bolted to the flywheel
Thursday, August 09, 2012 5:42 PM
nope just bolt them in

JBO since July 30, 2001
Friday, August 10, 2012 2:55 AM
As far as I know, typically the torque converter mounting bosses will only line up with specific holes in the flex plate. I could be mistaken with the J body since I have never really messed with automatic J bodies much.

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:00 PM
^^ yep thats right. there are only three bolt holes that line up just right to get the socket in there to tighten the bolts up.

I choose the technology built for land speed records... not the technology built to save on emissions and gas mileage.
Friday, August 10, 2012 6:01 PM
-Z Yaaaa- wrote:^^ yep thats right. there are only three bolt holes that line up just right to get the socket in there to tighten the bolts up.
Yep

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search