Ecotec Automatic Wiring Harness used on a Standard Tranny Swap? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ecotec Automatic Wiring Harness used on a Standard Tranny Swap?
Sunday, August 12, 2012 1:48 PM
So here is my situation. I am in the middle of rebuilding my engine and swapping my built Getrag f23 tranny in place of the automatic. Now everything is out and I am stuck at the wiring harness. I have looked everywhere for a standard harness to swap over with the tranny for a simple plug and play swap but for the life of me I cannot find one. (It does not help that I live in Oklahoma. Everyone around here seems to just use the JBodies as daily drivers and do not care for manuals over auto) Anyways, I have decided to just adapt my auto harness for the standard swap. Now keeping in mind (in way of the electronics) all of the wiring I have is for the auto. (ECU, harness, interior harness, etc.) Any advice on how to go about doing this?

Thanks in advance.

-Tyler

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Re: Ecotec Automatic Wiring Harness used on a Standard Tranny Swap?
Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:42 PM
all you need for the tranny is the VSS wires from the auto harness those are purple and yellow then you need reverse lights those wires are pink and light green

get a schematic and see what ones are the ones you need. also the inside your neutral safety switch becomes the clutch safety switch

JBO since July 30, 2001
Re: Ecotec Automatic Wiring Harness used on a Standard Tranny Swap?
Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:57 PM
Awesome thanks a lot. I am going to get a wiring schematic after work tomorrow that should be all I need. Just wanted to make sure I was needing anything before I attempt it.

You drive a cavalier? Why yes... yes I do.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search