TTR auto trans solid mount - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
TTR auto trans solid mount
Thursday, February 14, 2013 6:05 PM
I've been reading alot about the TTR auto trans solid mount, so I emailed them just to find out they don't make it anymore.... But they did say that if I wanted one and could get at least 5 more people to commit that they would run another batch. So is anyone else interested?

2002 cavalier LS Sport Sedan

Re: TTR auto trans solid mount
Friday, February 15, 2013 5:19 AM
Yep, right here. I also contacted them directly about this a couple months or so ago. Maybe they're offering to do another batch since they keep getting requests. Did they say how much it would be with six new orders?

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Friday, February 15, 2013 7:23 AM
Need 6 members commited, they always sold for $249.99 each. This would be the same price if we made another batch of 6.

We made 1 batch of 25 units total, it took almost 5 years to sell those. We will help members out, offer the same price, but we need at least 6 members to commit and order to get this going.

Add your user name to the list if you would commit to be 1 of the 6 needed:

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, February 16, 2013 4:38 AM
1. Tyler Tipple
Saturday, February 16, 2013 6:39 PM
1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 1:58 PM
1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald
3. Doug Bull

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Monday, February 25, 2013 4:01 PM
Come on guys, theres gotta be a few more people interested in this. I need a new mount bad and really hate to buy a stock one for now.

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:17 PM

1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald
3. Doug Bull
4. Shawn Smith
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:46 AM
Aaron I PM'd you
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:54 AM

1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald
3. Doug Bull
4. Shawn Smith
5. Aaron Garcia
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 12:27 PM
It would nice to get in on another one of those.
M. Snead: On stand by.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:39 AM
Need 1 more to add to the list.

Then once 6 are on the list, the 6 must pay (more are welcome, but at least 6)

Then once 6 paid, we will get these in production, and should be able to ship them all in 2-3 weeks from this date that the 6th person pre paid.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:35 AM
What sort of coating are you guys planning to use? I have a mount from the first run of these and the paint/coating flaked off within a week. I love the mount and have had zero issues with it. If you can guarantee that the finish won't disappear within a week, I will jump on the list to get this moving.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:56 PM
AL1A5 wrote:What sort of coating are you guys planning to use? I have a mount from the first run of these and the paint/coating flaked off within a week. I love the mount and have had zero issues with it. If you can guarantee that the finish won't disappear within a week, I will jump on the list to get this moving.

This is interesting...

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 1:34 PM
AL1A5 wrote:What sort of coating are you guys planning to use? I have a mount from the first run of these and the paint/coating flaked off within a week. I love the mount and have had zero issues with it. If you can guarantee that the finish won't disappear within a week, I will jump on the list to get this moving.

Many years ago we improved our powder paint process, in material prep. We now media blast all parts, and they go through a 5 stage wash. There is no coating issues in the last 3 years that we know of.

Your black and red will be the most durable. The "polished" powder coat is the most delicate and must be taken with great care.

Never the less this mount is made from 1/4" steel, it will never rust through/fail in 100 years

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Friday, March 01, 2013 9:15 PM

1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald
3. Shawn Smith
4. Aaron Garcia

Sorry guys, I have to go on stand by as well. I'll possibly get back on, but I gotta figure some things out first.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Saturday, March 02, 2013 1:28 PM
We need two more now.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Saturday, March 02, 2013 7:17 PM
I'm sorry I guess I'm a little old school. I've been building and racing trucks for over 25 years, started to get into these little cars with my son to try to get him started. I understand there is R&D and all of that but you have already ran a bach of 25. We now have 4 comitted to buy a product that seams to be a little on the high side, since there was already a first run. Which is where you usually get most of your R&D back from. You also have a web site to sell a couple of extras if you need. Yet you still act as if we need this product instead of we WANT this product, in a time where alot of people are not buying extra things. I'm not trying to flame you guys, just pointing out some facts.If you want to sell some parts let me know soon, If not you can take me off the list, Thanks

Sunday, March 03, 2013 6:04 AM
Brent Fitzgerald wrote:I'm sorry I guess I'm a little old school. I've been building and racing trucks for over 25 years, started to get into these little cars with my son to try to get him started. I understand there is R&D and all of that but you have already ran a bach of 25. We now have 4 comitted to buy a product that seams to be a little on the high side, since there was already a first run. Which is where you usually get most of your R&D back from. You also have a web site to sell a couple of extras if you need. Yet you still act as if we need this product instead of we WANT this product, in a time where alot of people are not buying extra things. I'm not trying to flame you guys, just pointing out some facts.If you want to sell some parts let me know soon, If not you can take me off the list, Thanks

Small lot size/production run = cost more.

You are wrong we never got back all our R&D investment by selling 25 units. We planned on selling 100 units back in the say. Have you ever saw a photo of our TTR tranny mount? It is not small nor simple to make.

If you do not like the price, you are not interested. Sorry $249.99 is the price. At this we are more doing it for good will, than making $ at this point.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Sunday, March 03, 2013 6:07 AM
Looks like if Brent drops out, we are closing up this thread, and will cancel this project. If we cannot get 6 members in 1 month, we will never.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Sunday, March 03, 2013 6:21 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:Looks like if Brent drops out, we are closing up this thread, and will cancel this project. If we cannot get 6 members in 1 month, we will never.

I'm not dropping out yet, I would still like to see us get enough people to get these made. Sorry if my posted came off the wrong way. I kinda sounded like an ass after I reread it this morning and that was not my intention. I have your engine mount and its top notch, thats why I want your trans mount. Lets hope 2 more people will commit soon.

Sunday, March 03, 2013 6:37 AM
Turbo Tech Racing wrote:

Many years ago we improved our powder paint process, in material prep. We now media blast all parts, and they go through a 5 stage wash. There is no coating issues in the last 3 years that we know of.

Your black and red will be the most durable. The "polished" powder coat is the most delicate and must be taken with great care.

Never the less this mount is made from 1/4" steel, it will never rust through/fail in 100 years

Glad to hear that. So count me in.

1. Tyler Tipple
2. Brent Fitzgerald
3. Shawn Smith
4. Aaron Garcia
5. Andy Quillen

Sunday, March 03, 2013 7:25 AM
We will need to have 6 firm members ready to purchase by this Friday the 8th to make this a go. More are welcome, but we need at least 6 that will purchase.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Sunday, March 03, 2013 12:45 PM
sorry guys

1. Brent Fitzgerald
2. Shawn Smith
3. Aaron Garcia
4. Andy Quillen
Sunday, March 03, 2013 2:50 PM
As long as we have 6 by this Friday, it will be a go. If not we will cancel this project.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search