TTR auto trans solid mount - Page 2 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: TTR auto trans solid mount
Sunday, March 03, 2013 5:11 PM
Come on guys everytime we get 5 someone backs out. I've done alot of searching on here and this mount comes up alot, and alot of people have said they sure wish they still made it. Well here is your chance, plus its tax time.....time get a couple things that you usually wouldn't buy.

2002 cavalier LS Sport Sedan

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:59 AM
Sry guys. I'm definitely out.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 3:37 AM
Add your name to the list if you are ready to order one up:

1. Brent Fitzgerald
2. Shawn Smith
3. Aaron Garcia
4. Andy Quillen

Need 6 members by Friday ready to pay.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Wednesday, March 06, 2013 9:54 AM
Tick-Tock need, 2 more by Friday!

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Saturday, March 09, 2013 6:33 PM
So Is this a dead deal?

Monday, March 11, 2013 3:21 PM
I'd put my name back on the list if theyed still do it but I can't dish up the money for like a week
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:28 AM
We need 6, all 6 must commit at the same time for this to happen.

Once we have 6 and confirmed, we will still honor this. It is up to the forum to make this happen.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:59 PM
1. Brent Fitzgerald
2. Shawn Smith
3. Aaron Garcia
4. Andy Quillen
5. Tyler Tipple
Thursday, March 21, 2013 4:11 PM
Just One moooorrrrreee..........

Saturday, March 23, 2013 8:31 PM
Does this mount work with any auto trans? 2200, 2.4, and ecotec? All years? How much of an upgrade is it? By your comments it sounds like it will last longer than the stock one, but does it also hold the transmission better(guessing so?). Also is it a direct fit? Would it interfere with any suspension mods or a K brace? And last question I swear! Does it interfere with doing any regular maintenance? Well one more question, can you post a picture of it? Thanks
Sunday, March 24, 2013 3:15 PM
Eric Esler wrote:Does this mount work with any auto trans? 2200, 2.4, and ecotec? All years? How much of an upgrade is it? By your comments it sounds like it will last longer than the stock one, but does it also hold the transmission better(guessing so?). Also is it a direct fit? Would it interfere with any suspension mods or a K brace? And last question I swear! Does it interfere with doing any regular maintenance? Well one more question, can you post a picture of it? Thanks

It fits ALL years from 1995 to 2005, as long as you have the 4 speed auto tranny. Found in ALL 2.4L twin cams, ALL 2.2L ecotecs, and some 2.2L OHV push rod engine.

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Monday, March 25, 2013 10:46 AM
Eric,

If you look up "OFFICIAL TTR SOLID AUTO TRANS MOUNT W/ PICS" in this forum it has pictures from when they did the initial purchase. It also has some other useful information if you are still interested. Hope this helps.
Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:09 AM
Aaron, any chance you have some customer testimonials? Or some of the members here who have it could speak up about it? It looks like around 30 people were ready to buy this during it's GP, but no one left feedback other than in that GP thread I am guessing. The original post here has the tester talking about fitment and vibration, I would like to hear more about those who have been driving with this and how they feel it helps. Specifically with stock and with bolt on engines. I will add my name to the list then.
Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:34 AM
Eric,
I personally have not had the privileged to own TTRs auto trans mount but I have heard from other customer that their products are top notch and when combined with the upper and lower engine mount they make for a great set up. I also have heard about the vibrations but heard that they are not unbearable. I'm pretty sure others will chime in as well.
Thursday, March 28, 2013 1:04 PM
Eric Esler wrote:Aaron, any chance you have some customer testimonials? Or some of the members here who have it could speak up about it? It looks like around 30 people were ready to buy this during it's GP, but no one left feedback other than in that GP thread I am guessing. The original post here has the tester talking about fitment and vibration, I would like to hear more about those who have been driving with this and how they feel it helps. Specifically with stock and with bolt on engines. I will add my name to the list then.

I've had the TTR mount in my cavalier since the first GP. The installation instructions were very thorough, and installation was a breeze. There were no additional vibrations in my car after the installation of this mount. At the time I was running the rksport lower mount and TTR upper mount. There is a very faint whine from the transmission, which was discussed in that other thread. The mount is solid and fit like it was supposed to. The only issue I had was with the coating, as it flaked off very quickly. As Aaron mentioned previously in this post, they have revised their processes and no one has had an issue with the coatings since. I jumped on the list for this second GP just to help out the j-body community. I don't need another one, but if it helps other people out, I think it's a worthwhile cause. If you have more specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:16 PM
How does it drive/shift with the mount? I'm guessing you have had no issues with the transmission itself? Do you feel it helps with performance? Or is just a safety upgrade? I am mostly curious how it is for day to day driving, besides the vibration. And curious about what people think having installed it with a mostly stock engine since I will be rebuilding my car for next year before even getting to upgrading my engine.
Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:49 AM
I would have jumped on this at one point, I know I asked for interest several times, however since then I have aquired a used unit in great shape.

Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:55 AM
Have you installed yours yet? Mind leaving some feedback on the mount?
Monday, April 01, 2013 9:52 AM
I have not installed it yet. I am swapping motors now that the weather is warm and I will be installing the mount whelie everything is torn apart.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 2:43 PM
Have 5 ready to pay, need 1 more to get some in process:

1. Brent Fitzgerald
2. Shawn Smith
3. Aaron Garcia
4. Andy Quillen
5. Tyler Tipple

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:31 PM
I'll be number 6, I would also like to order your upper and lower engine mount, let me know if it can be done all together?

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:42 AM
So are we going to be able to make this happen since we got our six people or is this a dead deal?
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 3:16 PM
Hopefully Aaron will see this and reply soon.

Friday, April 12, 2013 6:00 AM
Glad to see this is going thru. Back when I had an auto this is something I always wanted now with a manual I don't have to worry about it.. On a side note I have all TTR mounts and love them great investment and TTR is a great company and one of the few that still support the J good to see the love goes both ways.
Saturday, April 13, 2013 11:25 PM
I have been using a used one that I bought on here and I love the dramatic change it made with stiffer shifts and less torque loss around corners. I also am using the b & m shiftplus.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search