Precision 4T40E rebuild kit - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Precision 4T40E rebuild kit
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:05 PM
Anyone have any experience using a 4T40E rebuild kit from a company called Precision? I couldn't find anything while searching. I talked to someone there, and he said the quality of the internal parts exceeds factory components. They do not claim a certain hp/tq rating though. Anyway, I'm looking into this because a complete rebuild kit (except solenoids) is $260 shipped. After the issues I've had for my build, I'm only going to run 12psi boost (turbo). I had planned on upwards of 20psi for a while, but that will end up costing more and more money. Supposedly, these trannys stock can handle 300-350 hp, so at 12 psi and the fact I'm in high altitude I know I'm not going to hit 300 whp. So, any reviews on a Precision rebuild kit?

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Re: Precision 4T40E rebuild kit
Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:04 AM
never heard of that company....but that price isnt terrible.....my big question is what all do you get in there rebuild kit...

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:51 AM
most aftermarket companies for ANY parts will claim their quality meets or exceeds factory requirements.

id check into exactly what they mean. my guess is its just a standard stock rebuild kit.

It's nice to be injected but I love being blown.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:37 AM
ALL GASKETS / SEALS / OE CLUTCHES / ASSEMBLY LUBE / ASSEMBLY TECH INFO ARE INCLUDED.

That's from the website. I guess I should email or call back for specifics.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:18 AM
yup i would because at that price i doubt they are giving you the upgrade blue or red clutch packs or anything worth while

Thursday, February 28, 2013 2:11 PM
Nope, no blue or red clutch packs with this kit.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Thursday, February 28, 2013 6:37 PM
well its def not a performance kit

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search