Removing the Team Green LSD insert from 4T40E - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Removing the Team Green LSD insert from 4T40E
Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:56 PM
Can't find anything after searching. I'm trying to remove the TG LSD insert from my auto trans. The big pin going through the center is out, but the two shafts that engage the axles will not clear the insert in order to remove it. Is this a one time install? What's the trick? If I have to cut and chop up the housing to get the insert out I will, but I don't want to. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2004 Cavalier Sedan

Re: Removing the Team Green LSD insert from 4T40E
Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:10 AM
turboZ24cavi wrote:Can't find anything after searching. I'm trying to remove the TG LSD insert from my auto trans. The big pin going through the center is out, but the two shafts that engage the axles will not clear the insert in order to remove it. Is this a one time install? What's the trick? If I have to cut and chop up the housing to get the insert out I will, but I don't want to. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Why not swap the diff?

FU Tuning

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 4:55 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
turboZ24cavi wrote:Can't find anything after searching. I'm trying to remove the TG LSD insert from my auto trans. The big pin going through the center is out, but the two shafts that engage the axles will not clear the insert in order to remove it. Is this a one time install? What's the trick? If I have to cut and chop up the housing to get the insert out I will, but I don't want to. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Why not swap the diff?

I think there is a problem with it. Possibly why the trans stopped working. My dad put the insert in, and he tried to take it out the other day too. He says its not working how it did when it was installed. It's not working how its supposed to. He's installed a hand full of inserts before (not for a 4T40e though). I was just wondering if that's normal or not. Plus, I'm not about to tear into this other trans. I need to get this car driveable again.

2004 Cavalier Sedan
Sunday, April 21, 2013 11:44 AM
The axle ends are stuck in the plates? Having a hard time picturing your problem. The inserts are pretty tricky to remove.

Pics?

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search