SLAVE CYLINDER KEEPS BLOWING - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
SLAVE CYLINDER KEEPS BLOWING
Saturday, October 19, 2013 7:29 PM
Ok I've searched the forum can't find anything to help. My slave cylinder starting leaking so I replaced it as well as the clutch and pressure plate. Re-installed and the pedal was hard. I replaced the clutch master and later the flywheel. So I re-install and the pedal works fine for about an hour and drops to the floor. Look under the car and a puddle of brake fluid, slave cylinder blew. I replaced the clutch, pressure plate and slave cylinder again. while bleeding the system I hear the slave cylinder pop and fluid pours out. I replace it again same thing. Do it one time same thing. COntacted Exedy and they have no solution, contacted FTE who builds the slave cylinders and they won't call me back. ANY IDEAS PLEASE

Re: SLAVE CYLINDER KEEPS BLOWING
Saturday, October 19, 2013 8:08 PM
OH its an 04 Cav. 5spd (Getrag) Transmission
Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:26 AM
sound like something in the clutch, pressure plate, or flywheel is not the right part. Which is the TOB (Slave) is over extending and popping.

FU Tuning

Sunday, October 20, 2013 7:28 AM
Thats what I thought. but according to Exedy the parts are correct and Exedy is the supplier to Chevrolet... Im at a loss...
Monday, October 21, 2013 9:17 AM
are you topping off your trans fluid every time after? or are you maybe skipping that and letting it run dry in there? try royal purple fluid.
Monday, October 21, 2013 4:32 PM
Fluid is full.
Monday, October 21, 2013 6:24 PM
arthur Pietrzak wrote:are you topping off your trans fluid every time after? or are you maybe skipping that and letting it run dry in there? try royal purple fluid.

How tranny fluid has not baring on the TOB blowing.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 03, 2013 1:07 PM
Problem solved... The pressure plate was defective and was allowing the throw out bearing to travel to far and blowing the salve cylinders. I bought a third a clutch, installed it problem solved.
Sunday, January 19, 2014 9:43 PM
Just took my original, 120k mile clutch slave cylinder apart. I was loosing hydraulic pressure but never saw any fluid leak? I think it was slow enough that it was absorbed by the clutch dust in the bell housing. Anyway I did not see any way the piston could blow far enough out to leak without popping off the retainer ring. That was my original thought was the clutch was worn out & allowing the piston to push out too far. Mine turned out to be a warn piston seal but from what I've read here it sure sounds like the seal is being pushed past the limit.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search