Team Green LSD review - Page 17 - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Team Green LSD review
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 8:51 AM
10mm for intermediate shaft bolt under the plug.

Besure to puncture plug in center to not damage the oilguide or that will need to be replaced as well.
Part# of oilguide is on my other PC, I will post later.

Check here for our install and the case disassembly instructions.

http://planethax.com/j-body/blogs/index.php/micahlsd/

http://www.weatherallsautomotive.com http://www.planethax.com/j-body

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:44 PM
Weatheralls Auto wrote:10mm for intermediate shaft bolt under the plug.

Besure to puncture plug in center to not damage the oilguide or that will need to be replaced as well.
Part# of oilguide is on my other PC, I will post later.

Check here for our install and the case disassembly instructions.

http://planethax.com/j-body/blogs/index.php/micahlsd/

Sorry, 8mm for the Intermediate shaft fastener.

http://www.weatherallsautomotive.com http://www.planethax.com/j-body
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:21 AM
I never saw this thread before... but now that i found it i just wanted to add my $0.02...

Team Green should be given the nobel prize in Alchemy for these inserts....

I bought myself one of these magical hunks of steel... i say they are magical because when you get them they are just a brick of steel... but once you put them in and start the car they instantly turn to gold.

I LOVE mine!!! The Z24 XS really likes to make use of the LSD... I can break traction and spin BOTH of my 225/40/18's while rolling along at 20mph in 2nd gear and just slamming the gas. (don't do this on roads with steep crowns, as the front end likes to slide itself towards the shoulder) But the LSD just hangs right in there... not jerky or anything... just smooth application of power to both wheels in all situations. No problems making tight turns in parking lots or anything... I can not think of a single negative to them. They even help in snow and ice!

If your engine has a decent bit of power I strongly recomend the TG LSD along with a set of poly engine, tranny, and A-Arm bushings. That combo really puts the power to the ground. No more wheel hop, or jerky launches. Seriously, after the LSD and bushings were installed it felt like a totally different car off the line.

And the install is very easy (at least on the getrag).... Anyone with some tools and some time can do it them self in a day. Hardest part is dropping the tranny.

just be sure you buy the the plastic cap/seal that covers the big tranny bolt inside the bell houseing and some axle seals and a tube of permatex anaerobic sealant.
I forgot the seals before i started the job... and turns out they were a special order... and had to wait for them to ship in.
and then i didnt know i needed to use the anaerobic sealant when putting the 2 halves back together... and to this day my tranny still leaks a tad from that seam...
(one of these days i will pull the tranny back out and seal it up properly...)

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 3:19 PM
Thanks for the positive review Ken!

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Saturday, April 04, 2009 4:10 PM
Brian, Maybe I should get some of the plugs for you, make a "kit" out of it.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Saturday, July 18, 2009 11:20 PM
i need 02' inserts, you have some right now or u have to grt em made?
Sunday, July 19, 2009 8:43 AM
you might want to tell him what transmission you have

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:28 PM
f23
Friday, July 24, 2009 1:28 PM
teamgreenperformance@live.com

Saturday, September 26, 2009 12:50 AM
Just curious but is there possibilty of breaking one? and if so is there any signs besides only spinning one wheel?
Saturday, September 26, 2009 4:25 PM
50k miles and mine still works..

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]

Sunday, September 27, 2009 12:55 AM
well the last time at the track my buddy said I was only spinning one side during warm up
Monday, February 01, 2010 8:16 PM
Are the 4T40E inserts $200 like the F23's? And what does it take to install them on the auto? I am totally intrigued due to my "one-tire-fire" with my boosted auto and no traction until end of 2nd gear...

"Vroom."
"Yo I wouldn't race him, there's not even an interior in his car man."
"Vrooooooom PSSSSHHH!"
"Oh sh*t. F*ck that, dude..."

Friday, February 05, 2010 5:01 PM
More updates would be great guys.

Who's got a lot of kilometers on their lsd?

Anyone ever had both the quaife and TG to compare the two?
Saturday, February 06, 2010 2:44 AM
just thought id let you guys know, since i just rebuilt my getrag tranny...again.
ive had the TG insert in my 93 NVG tranny for the past 2 years running on my 2.6 stroker. drag raced it, street raced it, and road triped it. took it apart to change the bell housing i was gonna take pics of what the insert looked like...but after getting there i didnt feel the need, since it looked EXACTLY the same good job guys ! didnt look like it wore any at all ! so i am happy leaving it in there and running her till she falls apart ! way to go , two thumbs up !!!

Saturday, February 06, 2010 3:32 PM
I have it....so far so good.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:20 PM
Thanks for bringing this back from the dead

I've had quite a few emails about these the last few days, which is nice, since I have had quite a few plates just sitting in the basement for awhile now.

Scott and Jbdy04, thanks for the

Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:33 PM
Im curious who as all used these things on a dirt track, im wondering what kind of results people see, i have 98 2.2 5 speed currently looking for some more speed off the corner
Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:16 PM
Cameron Meyer wrote:Im curious who as all used these things on a dirt track, im wondering what kind of results people see, i have 98 2.2 5 speed currently looking for some more speed off the corner

This would sure do it for you

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Saturday, June 26, 2010 8:33 PM
Be weary on the dirt track as they might have "rules" against any sort of "lsd"

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:13 PM
well yea i kno they do but they dont know how to check it most guys weld the spiders together but they havent figured out how to tech that yet

Friday, July 02, 2010 3:53 PM
Another happy customer here!

I have the 3800SC swap/5 spd swap, this limited slip allows me to spin both tires very easily, not much torque steer at all which is surprising.

Sunday, July 04, 2010 8:50 AM
So how is the TG lsd good for those wanting to track their rides in autocross and track days?
Anyone got a review of this particular aspect of the lsd?

I know there's a fine line with the springs being too soft or too firm for the wheels to lock in certain applications of performance but what's the happy medium for the TG lsd in all this?
I see most using this for drag racing and having both wheels light up the tires etc but what about the cornering capabilities of the insert?

I guess I could read all 17 pages of the thread but that's just too much to read at the present time.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Sunday, July 04, 2010 3:54 PM
I have found no issue with cornering, but I also don't mash the gas in the middle of the corner because well... I like to stay on the pavement.

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 4:58 AM
John Lenko (John Lenko) wrote:Huge thanks to Brian for saving me some $$$ over the Phantom Grip LSD insert... I bought his for $200 USD instead... took the getrag tranny (before the swap) and had it installed, cost me $250 (Canadian) but I also had the axle seals and the main seal replaced..

Now that the motor and clutch are broken it, I've started ripping on it... the wheels FINALLY spin together, handling in the corners is amazing, it powers thru them like mad... I love it!!

Definitely a worthwhile upgrade... thanks Brian

...j
First post, lol, not really an AutoX review but ehhhh, it talks about cornering.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search