Please help with clutch install! :( - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please help with clutch install! :(
Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:11 AM
Ok so first off, 1999 z24

Second iv done many clutches but not many fed and nothing near this new, only fwd clutches iv ever done were pre 91 cavaliers.....

So where I'm confused....

I bought a luk clutch kit ( I read on here they are pretty good for a good price hold up well under mild motors)

Perfection brand fly wheel.

First I would like to know what trams I actually have?

Second in the new slave if has a little plastic strap on either side of it, do I remove these prior to Install? Or do they snap when the clutch pedal is pushed? On cars with external slaves iv always removed the straps prior to install.....

Next is synchromesh good for my Trans? What is better?

Do I need to use loctite in the fly wheel bolts? I do need new fly wheel bolts or can I reuse old ones? What are the torque specs on the fly wheel and pressure plate bolts?

So so many questions I'm a diesel mechanic so this isn't my area of expertise..... I do clutches in semi trucks and pickups and such not many cars...

Re: Please help with clutch install! :(
Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:30 AM
Some of this has been answered before for you.

You have a Isuzu tranny. Synchromesh is what you should use.

Leave the plastic tabs on, it should have directions with it saying that. They will pop off after installed and you start bleeding the system.

Lock tite is recommended. Most will tell you to use new bolts as they are torque to yield bolts. I have reused them with no issues.

Get a haynes manual for torque specs.

FU Tuning

Re: Please help with clutch install! :(
Saturday, February 14, 2015 9:53 AM
Thanks I'll get new bolts, and the clutch did not come with any paperwork besides the billing paperwork
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search