5 speed loses trans fluid at high rpm - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
5 speed loses trans fluid at high rpm
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 4:48 AM
Hello, newbie here. I just completed a 04 2.2 ecotec build for circle track asphalt racing. Last Sunday was the first test run. I have at fluid leaking from some where on top of the trans. I'm running 3rd gear at a top rpm around 5600. I'm guessing the fluid is coming from the vent???? Any info from someone who has run into this before would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 5 speed loses trans fluid at high rpm
Tuesday, July 19, 2016 9:18 AM
Ike Stone wrote:Hello, newbie here. I just completed a 04 2.2 ecotec build for circle track asphalt racing. Last Sunday was the first test run. I have at fluid leaking from some where on top of the trans. I'm running 3rd gear at a top rpm around 5600. I'm guessing the fluid is coming from the vent???? Any info from someone who has run into this before would be greatly appreciated.

Never heard of it, but how much fluid do you have in the trans to start?

FU Tuning

Re: 5 speed loses trans fluid at high rpm
Wednesday, July 20, 2016 3:03 AM
I'm hoping the previous owner had it over filled. I never checked it. I used engine degreaser and hosed it all clean. Going to run it again and see if it still leaks. Either way I will drain it and measure what is left in it. Hopefully its got the proper amount in it now. I haven't seen anything on the web where this is an issue.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search