Porblems with 03-05 powertrain - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Porblems with 03-05 powertrain
Saturday, February 05, 2005 5:18 PM
qiuck survey:

How many owners have had there new 03 -05 clutchslave cylinder go out on them

did an air intake cause your slave cynliderr to fail?

Can an "upgraded" slave cynlinder cause a pressure plate to fail, causing the cltch to get fried.?

would a improper install of a clucth , wrongly aligned pressure plate cause i slight gear clash in any gear?

if synchros were worn out on a car that has 13 thousand miles would it still accept it intear gear?

thanks?

OEM CAMBER/CASTER KIT 10 People for $210 <P>
GOT ECOTEC?

Re: Porblems with 03-05 powertrain
Sunday, February 06, 2005 12:28 AM
Quote:

if synchros were worn out on a car that has 13 thousand miles would it still accept it intear gear?

damn your lucky.... u made it 13k before your synchros went out?? lucky bastard.. i just had mine replaced under warrenty at 8k. and i honeslty dont really beat on my car that much... kinda pisses me off that all my buddies with integras and civics rod the hell out the theirs and dont have any problems
Sunday, February 06, 2005 10:35 AM
At 15,000 miles I had the whole tranny rebuilt under warrenty and I definitly do not beat on my car! Yea ill say it once and ill say it again damn GM!

Just Wait and See..........
Sunday, February 06, 2005 11:26 PM
^^^^synchros??? my 2nd gear was toast.. the mechanic put down possible abuse when i took it in. i was like wtf? i know theres alot of people on the org that have had problems.
Monday, February 07, 2005 12:40 AM
you guys are lucky yours actually got fix when i bought the car even with the clutch to the floor it liked to grind 2nd every now and again along with 3rd and once in a while 4th...

anytime i took it in the would drive it 5 miles say nothing was wrong and to bring it back when it was grinding.. car has 33k miles on it still no replacement even had a clutch peddle vibration they chalked that upto my header mounts and exhaust so wont fix it even though the complaints were there long before that.

"Theres a time in every mans life where he hits a cross roads and...wait...are you wearing panties?"
AZ-JBO
Monday, February 07, 2005 2:51 PM
well change dealer or put them the bulletin in there face that the clutch buzz when your sitting your foot on it. Has a matter of fact if a person complain they should check on there damn computer for the problem and they would see it. Glad i have a good mechanic and a good friend also. He always report the problem and always get it fix.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

My Car Specs
Club J-Body Montreal Forums
Monday, February 07, 2005 4:56 PM
Evil Monkey(cavrs97) wrote:you guys are lucky yours actually got fix when i bought the car even with the clutch to the floor it liked to grind 2nd every now and again along with 3rd and once in a while 4th...

anytime i took it in the would drive it 5 miles say nothing was wrong and to bring it back when it was grinding.. car has 33k miles on it still no replacement even had a clutch peddle vibration they chalked that upto my header mounts and exhaust so wont fix it even though the complaints were there long before that.

Have you called GM's customer service? My dealer didn't want to do the TSB because "it might not fix the problem." I called GM and it was fixed shortly afterwards. Make some noise... dealer's hate warranty work, you will probably have to cause trouble to get your dealer to do it..

I'm waiting for third gear to get worse before I bring it in... but it's been grinding occasionally pretty much since I bought the car.

Member of NEJBODY.
Monday, February 07, 2005 8:59 PM
36k miles
no tranny work yet (knock on wood)
but i did have the master cylinder replaced because the resivior leaked like a siv

Tuesday, February 08, 2005 12:45 PM
I had to have the master cylinder replaced. I had some crap floating in the clutch fluid reservoir. turns out it was metal shavings that GM didn't clean out at the factory when they honed out the system (at least, this is what the mechanic at the dealer told me)

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 3:46 PM
wow i cant believe that this is a common problem with these cav's
imy car grinds in third and 5th gear... it accepts it into gear and drive fine but every time it goes into the gears it grinds i dont use 3rd or 5th gears at all

i was speaking to the service manager , he said that a GM representative had to come down and look at the car to see if it was caused by abuse.
But told me that if it was determeined that it was indeed because of abuse that i would have to pay for what ever the warrenty did cover.
i didnt take my car in with i grind at all.

but i understand it wasn't drivable... cause the clutch slave failed..
but the installed a new clutch and other parts on the car and i beleive that they installed the clucth wrong.
im so close to taking it to a another dealer and having them look at it..

i know that i dont beat on my car at all.
i drive it to work and home every day which is like a 1.5miles back and forth...
and the only other time i drive out of my city is if i go on a car meet or something.

Im losing patentince fast with GM
and it seems as though that GM Customer service really doesnt do anything to help
everytime ive called that are useless.

GOT ECOTEC?
Friday, February 25, 2005 9:24 AM
It is ridiculous how horrible in my oppinion the getrag is ive had so many problems with mine i sometime contimplate throwing it of a cliff, no but really the warrenty on these cars are jokes i think gm would try to say that putting in euro lights cause the transmission to screw up so the warrenty doesnt cover it. I love my car dont get me wrong but gm is really starting to turn me off.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:45 AM
i started to say im young and am starting a family and after this car is toast
" I will Never EVER BUY GM AGAIN"

GOT ECOTEC?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search