Tranny Problems. Please read - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny Problems. Please read
Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:08 PM
I have a 98 5 sp. lately the gearbox has almost felt like it has been freezing. When i get up and first start the car in the morning, it takes a good hard pull on the shifter to get it out of gear, then after working it through the gears a few times it finally starts to loosen up then it acts normal again. .. Any thoughts ?

Re: Tranny Problems. Please read
Thursday, February 03, 2005 3:29 PM
I ocasionally have exact same problem with my car, usually when it's cold first thing in the morning. Its not freezing cause its only 40 - 50°F at night here. But yeah, sometimes it doesn't want to come out of 1st , like I have to jiggle and/or yank to get it back to neutral so I can shift to 2nd, really annoying, but it only does it for the first 1 or 2 shifts, after that its fine. And it's not every morning, I'd say once every week or two. But I'm not too worried about it when it stops working I'll have an excuse to get a clutch/flywhell, replace/rebuild the trans, and throw that Quaife diff in.
But let us know if you figure anything out.
oh yeah, do you got the 2200 or 2.4?
Friday, February 04, 2005 11:18 AM
tranny fluid might be the problem, the fluid is to thick to start of with, then as the tranny warms up, everything is much better, i have the same problem when it falls below -5°C, day or night, and now i want to change my tranny fluid to see if that helps out at all.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.
Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:23 PM
i changed my tranny fluid to Royal Purple Syncromax tranny fluid, the otherday it was -30°C, i started up the car, and moved the car right away, and there was no problems, unlike before.

Travis Nobert
Travis Enterprise
Come on down to Evolution Audio in Edmonton Alberta, and I can HOOK YOU UP.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search