tranny gurgling noise - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny gurgling noise
Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:44 PM
hey guys i'm not sure but i think it's the tranny . when i'm in first and let out the clutch the car makes a funny cattering noise and when i press down the clutch it go's away as i change gears at a low rpm it makes that noise again it only does it in first and to secord and sometimes 3rd it doesn't do it all the time but it seems to becoming more common any suggestions guys!!! thanks

Re: tranny gurgling noise
Saturday, May 07, 2005 12:45 PM
ohh ya it's a 2001 z24 5 speed tranny with 130 thousand k's
Thursday, May 12, 2005 2:03 PM
My car does that too. ( 01 2200 5 spd. with 114,000 k's) I think it just the persure plates in the clutch. I find it dose it more when it's cold...I'm tring to adress the problem as we type.. I herd somewhere that a High grade tranny fuild will help.. SO I went and got some Redline DExtron 3 sintech oil... As soon as I get in in the silly car I will post if it made a diffrance..( I doubt it thou..)

What's wronge with stock..?
Friday, May 13, 2005 5:37 PM
There are two things that cause the noise. If you only get the noise at low RPMs it's considered normal, and I don't think anything can come of it. However, if you have the same noise throughout the first two gears, that's something different, and I think it can be problematic. Basically, at low RPMs, if you upshift you start to bog the engine because the transmission is in too high of a gear for the speed, thats all.
Tuesday, May 17, 2005 5:39 PM
Hey, I feel your pain man. Sean, it's not that or he wouldn't be posting. Obviously he knows how to drive a clutch. I would check your CV Boots for tears and also check my post, since no one wants to respond. It's so hard to get good help on this forum anymore.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search