New Venture Gear is here.... - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Venture Gear is here....
Wednesday, August 02, 2006 7:07 PM
Well today, it is a great day. I was talking to Chris(Sweetness), and after about 30 seconds of him convincing me, I had already picked up the phone and called some yards that had some. Well, as soon as a heard 93 Achieva 5sp, W41 package, I was all over it. There is a chance that this one has a torsion differential in it. But anyway, I went and picked it up, got it home, steam cleaned it/degreased it, looks like brand new tranny. I cannot wait to get this in. Anyway, what is the final drive ratio on these, anybody know, compared to my @!#$zu.

P.S.-If anybody was wondering, tranny with 120,000 miles, Jackshaft and axel, both tranny mounts came out to be $358 including tax, so, well worth it.

Re: New Venture Gear is here....
Friday, August 04, 2006 6:42 PM
He stole my info! j/k, tell me how it goes I've got to go from jax FL to tennese for my tranny.
I can't wait either, good luck

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2366291
Friday, August 04, 2006 7:15 PM
the final drive ratio is 3.94 and if you look in thru one of the axle inputs at the diff. and you see a bar going down thru it then it doesnt have the torsen lsd...but you can still get the team green lsd insert and it fit easily ..i was impressed

Saturday, August 05, 2006 6:31 AM
WOOOT WOOOOT.... your gonna like it a lot.

Sunday, August 06, 2006 3:25 PM
I couldnt turn down a tranny for 358 bucks ya know waht I mean? 358 dollars to end all of my worries with the tranny..pfft....you cant wager that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search