Retrotek Smartshift - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Retrotek Smartshift
Friday, December 22, 2006 8:18 AM
Quote:

The Smartest Shifter In The World
CORONA, CA – After spending thousands of dollars upgrading every aspect of your hot rod, muscle car or off-road truck, so why settle for an old-fashioned shifter? Now you don’t have to. Smart Shift from RetroTek Speed is the perfect blend of cutting-edge technology and retro style. A push-button control panel allows you to shift virtually any domestic automatic transmission with digital precision. Ugly shifters and hard-to-route cables are a thing of the past.
Based on RetroTek’s unique, award-winning technology, the Smart Shift system consists of three major components: the backlit billet keypad, a cutting-edge main controller, and the compact actuator. The waterproof compact main controller has been tested on every popular domestic automatic transmission, and is also compatible with electronic transmissions like the 4L60E. The backlit custom billet keypad can be mounted anywhere vertically or horizontally, built-in LED lights indicate transmission status, and a simple 13-pin harness allows all seven keys to be remotely mounted (like behind a torque-flight juke-box or flush-mounted in a dash). Coated for moisture resistance, the high quality push button switches are rated at over 1-million cycles.
Finally, the custom actuator was designed by RetroTek to work with over 20 domestic transmissions. The actuator is extremely durable, and shifts are perfectly timed and in-synch with the trans. All mounting hardware is included, and a simple pan-rail design allows for two-bolt installation. The compact Smart Shift system is also compatible with the heavy-duty gear boxes and transfer cases found in off-road racing and rock-crawling, and Smart Shifts have been installed in several pre-runner and trophy endurance race trucks.
The result: a slick push-button electronic shifter that installs in minutes, shifts instantly, allows endless installation possibilities, and is durable enough to withstand the rigors of racing.

I have sent an email to the company asking if they have an application for the 4L40/45 E transmission. and if they do how much it will cost. i will update when they email me back.

Re: Retrotek Smartshift
Friday, December 22, 2006 9:37 AM
hmmmm wheres the fun in shifting an automatic? let alone shifting it with a button

lol, sounds like something neat but idk if id buy one.

Friday, December 22, 2006 9:45 AM
You mean the 4T40E? L would be rear wheel drive.

Friday, December 22, 2006 11:48 AM
alright my bad about the code i thought it was 4L40E but hey at least i learned something.... =o) and as far as automatic shifting becomes a big PITA after awhile in stop go traffic.
Friday, December 22, 2006 5:50 PM
it would be cool if it had an on / off switch so you can go back to lazy fully auto mode.

its not a bad idea, it would basically turn it into trip-tronic, which i thought they made a 4T45-E model with trip-tronic for the G6 anyways.

1997 RedR - ZedR
Friday, December 22, 2006 8:39 PM
they may have i dunno i dont keep up with those i have a sunfire for now so yeah. but it does have an overdrive mode also. it has the up and down for a little fun and also they sell a paddle shifter that has the stuff also. the company retrotek speed is pretty cool seeming. they got some decent product but i will definatly keep everyone updated when i get something back from them. but this product basically takes full place of the linkage and shifter assembly in the car. it has S P R + - D modes i dunno what the S stands for but my guess is standard mode which is where the + - comes into play. i dunno ill find out more when i get a response from them.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search