has anyone figured out where to get a built 4t40e yet? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
has anyone figured out where to get a built 4t40e yet?
Sunday, May 06, 2007 5:25 PM
theres alot of powerful autos on here. and If im not mistaken the general solution for fixing a trans is to just replace it. does anyone know somewhere where we can get a built trans?

"boobs now with Riboflabin"

Re: has anyone figured out where to get a built 4t40e yet?
Monday, May 07, 2007 4:01 AM
Level 10 and there is a HELL of an expensive unit out there, But I can not find the link, anymore. Bulletproof or something like that. I believe it was around $4.5-5 grand. There is also a company that has better clutch packs. Called Engineered something or other. I have to see if I can find the links when I get home. Also remember that 4T45-E parts fit in the 4T40-E with little work. Also the final drive from a G6 "should" fit fine.

My clutch packs will be my main concern when ever I get around to rebuilding my trans.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, May 07, 2007 7:35 PM
we (jbo auto owners) need to work on getting some knowldge base on our trans's theres alot you can do with an auto trans. I feel kinda of stupid saying this, but after I go threw auto trans at school Im gonna find a beat trans and try and rebuild it.

by the way nice sig. I dont know if you threw it in there because of the post along time agon or what. but I wish I could get more people to fly the
prnd321 flag.

good @!#$ man

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 11:09 PM
http://www.transmissioncenter.net/alto_2.htm
i would give these guys a call.
http://www.importperformancetrans.com/gmautofwd.shtml
then theres guys
i would call myself but my bone stock sunfire isn't going to break anything any time soon
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 7:55 AM
Great transmission Rebuilder link.
Also PRND321 has been in my SIG for a LONG TIME.
I remember someone trying to get shirts made a while back lol.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, May 10, 2007 8:52 AM
Jcavi wrote:we (jbo auto owners) need to work on getting some knowldge base on our trans's theres alot you can do with an auto trans. I feel kinda of stupid saying this, but after I go threw auto trans at school Im gonna find a beat trans and try and rebuild it.

by the way nice sig. I dont know if you threw it in there because of the post along time agon or what. but I wish I could get more people to fly the
prnd321 flag

good @!#$ man

If they gave me 4 real gears and an od then I would be proud to own one as well.

Taking 3rd gear all the way to the speed limiter = ghey!!!

-

"Youth in Asia"...I don't see anything wrong with that.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search