How much would you charge or pay? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How much would you charge or pay?
Monday, May 07, 2007 11:41 AM
I will be helping a local guy install a Team Green LSD. He is coming to my garage and we will be doing the install as I have more experience with the mechanical end of things., and I have all the needed tools. What would be a fair price to charge for doing an install? (we are installing a new clutch too.

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Re: How much would you charge or pay?
Monday, May 07, 2007 12:25 PM
wow... will this be on a getrag or izuzu? my dad has been a mechanic for 35 years and when we put my izuzu up on the bench to install my phantom grip LSD we got as far as jack shiit and had to take it to a tranny shop... it sucked, he was like "wtf i cant figure this out" and that doesnt happen often to my dad.

so, i guess what im trying to say is (ohh and dont take it the wrong way by thinking im saying your a newbie and dont know crap about trannys and such) that if you havnt done it before (if you have great disregard all im saying ) that it wouldnt be a good idea to take it on.

Monday, May 07, 2007 1:54 PM
I searched for a heads up on the isuzu, I did my getrag, that was simple, need a little more info on the isuzu and we will be golden, anyone have pictures or a link?

HP Tuners | Garrett T3/T04B | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | 650 Injectors | HO Manifold | Addco front/rear | Motor Mounts | HKS SSQV | Spec stage 3 | AEM UEGO Wideband | Team Green LSD | FMIC | 2.3 cams | 2.3 oil pump swap | 280WHP | Now ECOTECED

Monday, May 07, 2007 3:17 PM
Well when we have done tranny swaps in the past, or even a clutch install we charged $300. I have called shops and to swap a tranny with the parts supplied in my area is around $600.

FU Tuning

Monday, May 07, 2007 5:34 PM
Team green charges 300 to install a LSD and Clutch. Ask Speedracer about the Isuzu as i know hes torn one down before. Getrags are cakewalk and nvg t550 transmissions are even easier

Monday, May 07, 2007 6:28 PM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e45/ge_forcez22/19985-spdtranny.jpg

so it appears I have to pull the cover farthest from the input shaft, and the a #7torx, sound about right??

Quote:

On the opposite end of the transmission from the bell housing, the metal cover needs to be unbolted, and you will have to take the large nut and 2 gears off, they are holding the two halves together. And make sure the bellhousing end is face down when you do everything.

can someone who has done this copy that sweet ass pic and circle what bolts I have to pull out (the 12mm and the 13mm bolt) and the pins that make installation difficult.. and the 5th gear lock out bolt, thanks

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:57 PM
well it took me about 15 hours to remove my unit from my car, remove all the internals, change my final drive, reinstall replacement components and reinstall the unit

Wednesday, May 09, 2007 10:52 PM
I'm so suprised that NO ONE has ever did a write up on the disassembly of the Isuzu trans!!! I suck at retyping things, but if I can find my GM copy of the Isuzu crap, I'll try to scan a copy and post it (not that it will help you right now I guess)

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Thursday, May 10, 2007 11:24 PM
Wrench Monkey wrote:Team green charges 300 to install a LSD and Clutch. Ask Speedracer about the Isuzu as i know hes torn one down before. Getrags are cakewalk and nvg t550 transmissions are even easier

i love hearing that, nvg ftw, thanks tom

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search