Tranny, 4t40E - Releases and Locks at coast and partial throttle???? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Tranny, 4t40E - Releases and Locks at coast and partial throttle????
Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:37 PM
After the dyno my tranny has been acting up, at about 40 miles and hour at partial throttle it releases and locks on and off, like it cant decide on the gears or something...rpm's go up and down, any body else have these symtoms, and know exactly wat needs to be changed...happens at coastdown at about 60miles as well...thanks guys

<a href="www.daptronics.com">www.daptronics.com Huge Discounts on Electronics</a>

Re: Tranny, 4t40E - Releases and Locks at coast and partial throttle????
Sunday, May 13, 2007 10:09 AM
mine jumps around 500-600 RPM, randomly at that speed the converter seems like it's trying to lock and unlock.

2009 Ford Mustang V6
Sunday, May 13, 2007 4:38 PM
Yah, i dunno, it does it for every gear it seems lower rpms, lower throttle, engages and dissengauges,, i wanna kno if u can change some settings on HpTuners to try to fix this...or do i need to take the tranny out for rebuild

<a href="www.daptronics.com">www.daptronics.com Huge Discounts on Electronics</a>
Monday, May 14, 2007 8:21 AM
Mines worn out and it does it sometimes. I have a B&M kit, If I turn it on stage 1 or 2 it stops doing it though.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search