Fidanza Flywheel broken :( - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fidanza Flywheel broken :(
Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:50 PM
I did a quck search and didnt see anything. Has anyone else had a Fidanza/Spec flywheel break? I havent pulled the trans out yet but did a quick preliminary check. the center "hub" of the flywheel is deffinately broken all the way around. just wondering if anyone else has had a similar failure, or any failure for that matter, with these flywheels.

Going back to a stock one to prevent this from happening again.

Re: Fidanza Flywheel broken :(
Sunday, August 26, 2007 5:16 PM
you didnt search enough

alot of people have had the centers break

youll prob find more under spec

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:29 PM
I did search again and only found 1 other instance of this happening.

Finally got around to pulling the trans out and here is my wonderful aluminum overpriced flywheel.

Stock flywheel going back in, so I shouldnt ever have this issue again.

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:45 PM

Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:56 PM
makes me nervous to put mine in lol
Thursday, September 06, 2007 7:58 PM
Going back to the good ole steel flywheel. Should help with engine stall issues to. Now I have to hope that my new clutch (that finaly arrived 3 months after motor was rebuilt ast time due to Spec being a bunch of ass clown) doesnt have n failures that seem so common with Spec clutchs. Last one lasted about 17.5K miles.

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:04 AM
yup looks like all the others ive seen posted

#1 reason im sticking to a stock flywheel

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:38 AM
Hmmm... I have only heard of this a few times. I remember there being a bad batch that made there way to ebay. I have put mine through hell soo far.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 07, 2007 10:42 AM
i heard that as well about the bad batch that found its way to ebay..phil
Friday, September 07, 2007 11:34 AM
I have had one on my 2.4 and one on my 2.2 ecotec, both with the SPEC stage 3+ clutch... Neither one had any issues....

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Friday, September 07, 2007 11:59 AM
might have been a bad batch , but i know some bought them through legit companies , and not from whorebay

ive seen more last along time , then break like that , but to hell with taking a chance

plus i never liked how my friends 99Z acted with the stage 3 and light flywheel , atleast for a street car

Friday, September 07, 2007 1:24 PM
It does have about 17.5K miles on it with a Spec 3 clutch, but still this should not have happened considering this is supposed to be a "quality" product. Just waiting on new flywheel bolts and its going back together with the stock flywheel. If it wernt for the fact that the new spec 3 clutch that i ordered, long before the engine was rebuilt, finaly showed up a month to late is in my room I would be looking for a different clutch as well. I have to say that I will never buy another Spec/Fidanza product again.

Saturday, September 08, 2007 3:17 PM
I never seen that before. I hope that doesn't happen to mine since I bought mine from an org member. I do have a lightened 2.3 flywheel I could use just in case

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
Saturday, September 08, 2007 10:37 PM
IMO Spec flywheels are crap, I had the one of the threads strip out on my brand spanking new flywheel while torquing to factory specs installing the clutch plate, of course it was 6mo after I actually bought it so I was SOL and out whatever ridiculous amount I paid for the stupid piece of sh\t. Now its in a landfill where it belongs.

Mitsu TD06-20g |3" Downpipe w/ Cutout | 61mm Bored TB |
HP Tuners | Innovate WB02 | Spec Stage 3 | TurboTech Upper | Full Addco Sways | Sportlines & Yellows |
Sunday, September 09, 2007 7:22 AM
Mine is going with me the next time I take a load of scrap aluminium to the scrappers. Might get a whole $1.25 for it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search