Lets drop the Transmission Pan (Pics included) - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Lets drop the Transmission Pan (Pics included)
Monday, March 10, 2008 8:30 AM
***********Might Convert this into a guide later with some pics of the Level bolt and so on******************************
Tooks the pan out i found all kinds of goodies [=D>]
So now car does run much better, this junk was cloging it since some wasnt sticking to mangnet, but well to early to say wtf is going to happen. Might have just fixed it for good dont know. Anyway also put in some LubeGuard with the oil that b***h works !!! its the sh*t only stuff that is approved by OEM for car. (anyone that dont know i am about to replace trans because of trans problems, you can see why...)

Re: Lets drop the Transmission Pan (Pics included)
Monday, March 10, 2008 7:11 PM
Even on my 85 Mercury Lynx beater I change the filter and fluid yearly. I don't know why this is overlooked by most people, and I could care less what the service interval is considering how cheap filter/fluid is compared to the cost of a transmission. I've seen a filter so bad that when the pan was dropped hardly any fluid was in it because the filter was keeping it from draining in the pan.

Hopefully you caught it in time.

Re: Lets drop the Transmission Pan (Pics included)
Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:29 PM
Well the trans only had 50k on it when i droped the pan. Basiclly what i think happened since the car was under heavy load most of the time the Trans just couldnt get rid of the Trans heat fast enough so just took its toll....

Anyway trans still screwed.. putting in new trans next week and installing a good size Trans oil cooler with it so ensure problem never occurs again and extend the trans life. i expect this time for it to last 100k + easy

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search