wtf no more clutches? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wtf no more clutches?
Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:04 PM
SO im getting ready to put a 5 speed getrag in my 94 sunbird. Get the tranny, get the flywheel turned, get ready to buy a clutch kit...they dont make them anymore@!!!

So what the hell? Are there any places selling them for a decent price on the net? I dont want to pay high dollar for a racing clutch thats worth more than the whole tranny.

Grrrrr

89 355 s10 blazer
94 sunbird, 2.0 turbo 5spd getrag swap
Turbonetics turbo, intercooler, E85 20psi

Re: wtf no more clutches?
Thursday, July 10, 2008 7:27 PM
You could crossrefrence part numbers, depending on what year the tranny came out from. Thats what i did to put on the 95 fidenza flywheel on my 94.

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:01 PM
i dont think its that. They just dont make it anymore. I looked it up for a grand am, sunbird, numbers matched, they would show it if it matched to another car and they had it.

LUK does not list a turbo clutch, orielly;s dont list it. napa dont list it, a trans parts supplier for work didnt list it. Its just plain not there.. LOL what a bitch.

And leads would be appriciated.

89 355 s10 blazer
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 8:55 PM
how about the isuzu 5sp clutch? i might fit, depending on how many splines are on the input shaft?

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:35 AM
ya thats what i was wondering, if the only difference is the holding power, that would be alright.

89 355 s10 blazer
Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:32 AM
do you have the old clutch?

When in doupt, grub.
Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:37 AM
yes i do, ill bring it to the store..

btw its doubt, not doupt.

89 355 s10 blazer
Friday, July 18, 2008 3:53 PM
OK LADIES,

I think the stock pressure plate for a n/a motor is the same as the turbo...possibly. The T.O bearing is different, but you can still get that.. The pressure plate must have a different clamping force, but bolt hole to bolt hole beside each other, and bolt hole to bolt hole diagonally measure out the same. They both have the same input shaft teeeth, So I think were in buisness bitches.

So soon im going to get this stuff and see if they will work.

BTW, You cant tell me that theres no turbo 2.0 guys on here that havent had to do a clutch job recently....wheres the feedback?/???

89 355 s10 blazer
Friday, July 18, 2008 6:37 PM
That i could not tell you, me i'm still having clutch issues. but i think it might be the fact that i didn't resurface the flywheel when i put the new clutch in. but thats just my best guess.

When in doupt, grub.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search