Isuzu will NOT bleed...New Slave and Clutch ? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Isuzu will NOT bleed...New Slave and Clutch ?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:30 PM
So I have been having the EPIC Inpossible to bleed Isuzu Clutch problem. I dont have any fluid leaks but the damn thing just WONT bleed.

So in order to fix it Im going to Go ahead and Put in a new Slave cylinder along with my new tranny. I figure while im at it I should Install a new clutch.

I found this, which Includes a new Slave along with a 6 puck clutch.

Any reviews on this clutch? Or possible Recommendations?

I plan to have no more than 300WHP eventually and do DD the car, I dont mind a stiff Clutch.

Also any recommendations on bleeding the stupid slave I have now would be great. I have tried every method I can find and nothing works. If Im LUCKY I can get a VERY slight pedal at the last 1-2" before the floor, But it usually still wont do anything. Im having trouble getting a "Full firm clutch"

HELP!?

Re: Isuzu will NOT bleed...New Slave and Clutch ?
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 10:38 PM
Im just guessing here but i would say bleed more. I had this problem on a 89 Sunbird and just kept bleeding it for like a half hour and finally got pressure.
Did you fill the new slave with fluid?
If that don't work maybe the master cylinder is bad. Just some thoughts
Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:01 PM
Opps forgot to post a link: I am looking at getting this new slave and Clutch, and No I am still on my old Slave Cylinder

This is it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching&item=350086077842&viewitem=

Tu buy or not to buy?

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:21 AM
Alright so after a ton of reading I have figured out that the BEST way to bleed a Clutch with an Internal Slave is to use a method called "Reverse" Bleeding. Which is Simply Forcing Fluid into the bleeder and up to the master cylinder.

Going to try this out now, Hope it works!

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:34 PM
You can always use a vacuum pump for brakes as well.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 5:19 PM
Wow,alright Note for future searchers.

Internal Slave= REVERSE BLEED.
Cost $7
Time : 45-60seconds

Video Guide: This guy explains the Reverse Bleed method pretty well about halfway though. Works PERFECT on the Gm Internal Slave setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdf--suwqw0

Saturday, January 24, 2009 8:50 PM
Good to see you got it figured out. Using the vacuum pump is a great way to bleed them.

As far as that clutch, I would go with it. I used the same one but for a 2.2 (stage 3) from EZClutch on ebay and it seems to be a great piece. I just installed it with my latest swap, 3100 v6/ 5 speed for a friend. It seems to work well so far, but I told him to take it easy for now so I dont know its power holding capability yet.

Monday, January 26, 2009 12:45 PM
Actually just got a Deal on a 6puck ACT from a Local member for $100 So Now just a DEPENDABLE lightweight Flywheel is in order!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search