2004 Transmission Swap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Transmission Swap
Friday, November 20, 2009 8:26 PM
Hey guys, I tried searching but didnt see anything relating to the same year range.

Anywho.

I have a 2004 Cavalier Automatic. I know a guy that has a 2004 Cavalier 5 speed, with a blown engine and was wondering how hard it would be to swap the transmissions?

He only wants $220 for the whole car. So I'm thinking about getting it.

Just wanted to know how hard it would be. I know the SWAP its self is pretty easy, but the part I'm worried about is the ECU. Is there anything special I'll have to do to get this to work? For example...Would I have to hook it up to HP Tuners and modify anything, or is it pretty much just plug and play.

Also, I was wondering...would I need a new Gauge Cluster? Because I know the 5 Speed ones have the little "Shift" light, as the auto's don't. Would I need to grab another?

Sorry for all the retarded questions, but just thought this is the best place to ask

Thanks alot guys

Eddie

Re: 2004 Transmission Swap
Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:31 AM
get the car and put yr engine in it

you would need to weld new mounts
Saturday, November 21, 2009 12:53 PM
yeah the easiest thing is if your getting the entire car is put you engine in it

if your putting the trans in you car just change the engine harness and pcm from the donor car it wont have any issues then and no HPTuners needed you will have to weld in the tranny mounts if you can grind them off the donor you can save yourself some cash or jus tbuy them from turbo tech

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, November 22, 2009 4:11 AM
Might as well put your engine in his car and be done with it

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search