will a 96-99 z24 fit in 00 cavy ?, or what is my problem - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
will a 96-99 z24 fit in 00 cavy ?, or what is my problem
Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:40 AM
Hi all

I have now a 00 z24 cavalier, and my transmission have some problems, when the car is off, all it`s ok, but when the engine run, the 2-4-r gear is not engageable, but when car is off, 2-4-r engage no1 so i think my problem is in my transmission, i check my cable and all is fine

my friend have a 97 z24 5sp cavy transmission, ill it fit ?

I need your help

Thanks

Guillaume Couture

ps: i`m a french guy so it can be difficult to read me !!!

Re: will a 96-99 z24 fit in 00 cavy ?, or what is my problem
Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:07 AM
No tranny's are different. Really sounds like a bad shifter cable to me. They like to stretch.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 20, 2010 9:14 AM
i removed cable, and my mecanic shifted my car manually with his hand and (me pressing the clutch for sure), and he tell me that i too hard to shift second and fourth, th problem is in transmision :S

Sunday, June 20, 2010 5:09 PM
Quote:

when the car is off, all it`s ok, but when the engine run, the 2-4-r gear is not engageable

What about the above statement? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but fully understand. Maybe also a clutch issue based off your last post.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 20, 2010 7:15 PM
If your mechanic can shift the transmission into 2-4-R with the shift cables removed, while the car is running (with your foot on the clutch, obviously), there is almost a 100% chance it is the shift cable.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search