Throw out bearing going bad - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throw out bearing going bad
Saturday, August 27, 2011 5:12 PM
I replaced my transmission about 2 months ago and I switched my throw out bearing from the trans I blew to my junkyard trans. While bleeding the clutch the T-O failed. I then got a SPEC stage 2 clutch with a new T-O bearing and after waiting for parts for 3 weeks I got it installed and started bleeding it today but the same thing happened. As soon as I start getting pressure it fails.

I replaced my hose and the part that the bleeder is on. When I bleed fluid shoots out of the reservoir. Is that normal or is there something wrong with my master cylinder? It's the only part I didn't replaced yet but I don't want to replaced it if it's still good.

Re: Throw out bearing going bad
Saturday, August 27, 2011 10:00 PM
What is happening to the throw out bearing ? are they leaking or what ? and when is the clutch master cylinder shooting fluid out of the reservoir ?
Sunday, August 28, 2011 1:10 AM
Yes they leak like a faucet and fluid shoots out when I press on the pedal to bleed it.
Sunday, September 04, 2011 11:38 AM
I got a new master cylinder from GM which comes with the hose, reservoir and bleeder but after installing it the same thing happened. Does anybody have any idea whats going on?
Sunday, September 04, 2011 6:54 PM
what about the slave? and are you positive nothing is plugged or hooked up backwards...i know its a stupid question, but i work at a garage and you would be surprised, wheather someone doesnt know, or if they get excited to get their car on the road and the overlook something, double and triple check everything

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right
Thursday, September 08, 2011 3:19 PM
Yeah I know what you mean, but it bolts on one way and the new unit did it also. How would I know if the T-O is overextending?
Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:58 PM
I really need helps with this if anyone knows anything.
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:54 AM
SilvrSunfir wrote:Yeah I know what you mean, but it bolts on one way and the new unit did it also. How would I know if the T-O is overextending?

If your leaking fluid out of the throw out bearing your over extending. Odds are your spec clutch is wrong, I had the same thing happen to me. If your clutch is for a non eco or even a 2002 it probably won't work. Compare the old and new if the dimensions are different, if they are then there is your problem.

-I drive my car to work-
Thursday, September 22, 2011 10:14 PM
The only thing wrong with that theory is that it did it the first time with my stock pressure plate and clutch. It's confusing me too. I talk to a couple mechanics and I'll try a couple things tomorrow, hopefully it all works out.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:33 AM
So I think it's the wrong pressure plate. Would this work on an 04 sunfire http://thmotorsports.com/exedy_clutch/exedy_oem_clutch_cover/ca2141/i-393649.aspx
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search