transmission swap parts availability - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
transmission swap parts availability
Saturday, November 05, 2011 1:10 AM
does any one know the availability of the body side mounts/brackets that have to be welded in to do the auto to manual swap. I know TTR used to have them, but I have seen them anywhere for a while now.

Re: transmission swap parts availability
Saturday, November 05, 2011 5:04 AM
GM part#22629361 for the rear mount bracket. GM partsdirect has it for $18.97 plus shipping.

Only place to get the front bracket was TTR.

We have also cut out the stock brackets and welded them back into another car.

We also made our own front one on the very first swap we did.

FU Tuning

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:06 PM
When I did my auto to manual swap, I used the brackets from a junkyard manual car, cut them out, and just welded them in using measurements taken from the donor car.
Also, auto to manual swap tip. Make sure you you bypass the Park/Nuetral lockout, that doesn't allow you to start the car if it's in drive in the Auto trans. There should be a plug that goes to the auto trans, and two wires there will need to be connected to complete the circuit. That had me stumped for a few days as to why it wouldn't start.
Good luck.

Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:18 PM
it needs to rewired in the the switch for the clutch pedal right?

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 9:27 AM
well, in the auto car, there is no switch or clutch down there, obviously, and if you wanted it', you'd need to wire it in yourself. It's not required at all to finish the swap. I've been running my car without one for 4 years. You just better make sure you don't start the car in gear or you'll lunge forward. So, if you're a little forgetful, or make stupid mistakes like that, you may want to wire it in. But my point was more that you'll need to "undo" the automatic transmission equivalent, which is the PNDL switch, which you'll no longer have as it was inside the auto trans. you'll just need to complete the circuit to the starter motor by connecting the two wires together. (it's the green plug that used to plug into the auto trans.)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:48 PM
Is the 2.2 noneco tec
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search