Please clear up a few questions about the 4t40E/4t40E swap - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Please clear up a few questions about the 4t40E/4t40E swap
Sunday, May 13, 2012 3:22 PM
My car has been sitting for the last 2 weeks waiting for a transmission job. Before i buy anything I want some questions cleared up so i don't end up wasting money.
First i have used search and have spent hours browsing the forum and using google before asking,as I have noticed this gets asked a lot. Despite that i have been getting mixed answers so i would like a straight answer.

My question is, Will the 4T45E be a DIRECT replacement for the 4T40E in my 02 cavvy?

If it isn't direct what will have to be changed? (i have read the bellhousing has to be or the electronics,also have read that everything will replace directly without any modifications.)

One last thing, Where can i get performance transmission mounts for the auto? I figure while I'm at it i might as well replace the mounts since i'm sure they are worn.

Thank you for your time.

Re: Please clear up a few questions about the 4t40E/4t40E swap
Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:05 PM
Well not sure on the swap but check out ttr for auto mounts also known as turbotechracing.com

Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:29 PM
I was looking at swapping the 4t45e from a '97 Monte Carlo into mine. It'll physically bolt up to my engine since my 2200 and the 3100 share the same bellhousing.

I don't know which cars came with the 4t45e but I'd think it'd be hard to find one to match an Eco bellhousing.

To answer your question, the mounts might be different but they shouldn't be too far off and it'd be easy to weld new ones in if needed. The plug could be different, I personally don't think it will be but if it is, put the schematics next to each other and rewire it.

Honestly though, I'd just find another Eco 4t40e on eBay and be done with it. I had mine with 60k shipped to a buddy's business for insanely cheap and neither of us are putting down enough power to warrant a stronger tranny.

Sunday, May 13, 2012 6:22 PM
Thank you for the reply guys. I will be getting a nice low millage 4T40E then and just keep things easy.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search