cant downshift????? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cant downshift?????
Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:43 PM
im running in a local frount runner rally race im raceing a 00 caviler with an automatic trans im having some trouble down shifting when i try to down shift its like im going into neatural i think the computer is telling it that its at to high an rpm to go into lower gear ive tryd unpluging the plugs on the trans ive tryed finding a fuse but usely a dodge is the only ones with a fuse does anyone know how i can bypass this or something that im missing to unplug??

Re: cant downshift?????
Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:04 PM
i still cant find any solution for this...
Monday, May 28, 2012 3:00 PM
I know dirt track guys take the cable that goes to the trans from the throttlebody and un hook it at the throttle and pull it tight and tie it off. This will keep the trans in the lowest possible gear. For that rpm anyway. About the only thing i know to do.
Monday, May 28, 2012 8:36 PM
i adjustd it as tight as i can get it still hooked up and was gonna try that this week if that dont do it then mabe il try that thx for tha tip tho man..
Monday, May 28, 2012 10:28 PM
3spd or 4spd?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search