tranny stuck in fourth - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tranny stuck in fourth
Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:26 PM
2.2 ecotec 5 speed base.

212xxx miles, and i was going to pass, slammed from 5th to 4th and then it just stuck. Couldn't get it out. I managed to get home and the pin in the shifter mechanism that connects to the transmission shaft has sheared. im just trying to figure out how to dissasemble it so i can remove the rest of the pin. any ideas?

Re: tranny stuck in fourth
Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:34 PM
Arthur Lindsey wrote:2.2 ecotec 5 speed base.

212xxx miles, and i was going to pass, slammed from 5th to 4th and then it just stuck. Couldn't get it out. I managed to get home and the pin in the shifter mechanism that connects to the transmission shaft has sheared. im just trying to figure out how to dissasemble it so i can remove the rest of the pin. any ideas?

Your talking on the outside of the tranny right?

All you need to do is line the holes up (in the correct way, shifter in 4th), get another pin and push it in and it should push the broken piece out.

FU Tuning

Saturday, June 23, 2012 6:30 PM
i cant actually access the pin. i fight and fight but cant turn and get it to work
Sunday, June 24, 2012 8:09 PM
i have removed the shifter at the transmission, and have removed the pin, now i just cant seem to find the correct size pin. can anyone help me with this?
Monday, June 25, 2012 8:10 AM
there is no pin available to fit this. Not even at the dealer, a machine shop, fastinal, or advanced. the hole in the shifter arm is a perfect 1/4 inch. the whole in the shaft is smaller than that. I am having the machine shop mill the shaft hole to 1/4 inch to match and then i can replace the spring pin with a roll pin.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search