B&M Shift Plus Revealed - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
B&M Shift Plus Revealed
Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:22 PM
As I have mentioned in another thread, there are only a couple ways that the Shift Plus unit can work. Considering how cheap it is, I was convinced that all they did was throw resistors in parallel with the Pressure Control Solenoid.....Behold

These are located side by side in the rectangular box portion of the unit. All we find in the "D" shaped portion is a crap load of epoxy around a basic 3-way switch.

So, just so you are aware of what you are buying: It's....
- one 10W 5ohm resistor
- one 10W 27ohm resistor
- one 3-way switch

...and the end result looks like this

I hope that clears everything up

I have no signiture

Re: B&M Shift Plus Revealed
Saturday, April 16, 2011 4:32 PM
cool! the only reason it sels is due to the name on it and the pretty packaging i guess

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")
Saturday, April 16, 2011 5:16 PM
fireboy153 wrote:cool! the only reason it sels is due to the name on it and the pretty packaging i guess

Let's not forget the ridiculously low price for an immediately obvious gain.
Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:02 PM
you you're saying it cost just a few dollars to build a shift plus lol

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:50 PM
Just taking a guess, but from the toilet paper on your hand you must have cut yourself opening it lol

How hard was it to open? I may modify mine to have a dash switch rather than the annoying D block.

Sunday, April 17, 2011 7:45 AM
EcoCav[@DesertTuners.com wrote:Just taking a guess, but from the toilet paper on your hand you must have cut yourself opening it lol

Paper towel, but yes, it was a rather painful experience. I have a few good slices on both hands from the razor blade and my knife. I had to pull out the hack saw just to get through the solid block of epoxy around the switch.

EcoCav[@DesertTuners.com wrote:How hard was it to open? I may modify mine to have a dash switch rather than the annoying D block.

All you would need to do is cut the wiring between the D-block and rectangular resistor block, and then wire in a new switch. You probably wouldn't be able to reuse the switch from the B&M. Cutting through the epoxy, I mutilated one of the leads from the switch

I should make a correction though, it's not a 3-way switch. It's a SPDT on/off/on rocker switch. When you cut the wiring, you see three wires: white, red and black. The wiring looks like this

white wire = 5ohm lead
red wire = 27ohm lead
black wire = common (This is the same as the black wire at the end of the Shift Plus)

These were verified with my multimeter.

I have no signiture
Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:30 AM
The one I opened was 5 Ohm and 25 Ohm.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:34 AM
Well now that we know exactly what it is and does, does raising the pressure like this help or the trans? I have heard raising the pressure can prolong the life, but others saying they were weary of raising pressure on old transmissions.

Monday, April 18, 2011 3:15 AM
Ahh you suck, now I know the truth and the magic is all gone.
Monday, July 16, 2012 5:15 AM
I wonder in the photo of the schematic, wish cable is the red and wish is the black, looking at the drawing, the upper is the black? wish is connected to light blue cable on the tranny? Thanks in advance TURBO
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search