Duralast cv axles? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Duralast cv axles?
Monday, August 20, 2012 6:10 PM
Anyone have any luck with this? I hear all parts stores is a crap shoot, so if not any suggestions? I also heard about raxles, but idk if they carry j-bodys axles.

Re: Duralast cv axles?
Monday, August 20, 2012 6:26 PM
I've been running them for years with good luck. The ln2 cav had them while on the bottle and the mp62 eco cav had them with no issues. Plus they have life time replacement, so as long as you own your or any (00-05) getrag or auto cav you can get replacemnt axles for it or any other simular. Wink, wink. Great deal if you ask me.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 6:01 AM
I have an Isuzu trans, are they the same?
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 7:01 AM
I can't answer that 100% as I've never had an isuzu trans in any of my j's.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 3:37 PM
Spook 427 wrote:I have an Isuzu trans, are they the same?

I BELIEVE the Isuzu uses different axles. Good way to compare is go on AZ's web site and look up axles for a car with a Getrag, see if it shows the same part number.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 4:08 PM
JUCNBST wrote:I've been running them for years with good luck. The ln2 cav had them while on the bottle and the mp62 eco cav had them with no issues. Plus they have life time replacement, so as long as you own your or any (00-05) getrag or auto cav you can get replacemnt axles for it or any other simular. Wink, wink. Great deal if you ask me.

LIMITED lifetime warranty, which means you can only get a few replacements before you have to buy another.

I got a bad one right out of the box one time and they almost wouldn't warranty it, they told me the problem was with my car, I told them they were stupid.

- Your not-so-local, untrained, uncertified, backyard mechanic. But my @!#$ runs
Tuesday, August 21, 2012 10:01 PM
Oedwards- I've used my warentee for 3 axles now and never once had an issue with swapping them out. I just inform them that it went bad, bring it in and they swap it out. Maybe you just have crappy people at your store or I have stupid people at one of the 4 stores within 5 miles of my house

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:15 PM
Oedwards wrote:
JUCNBST wrote:I've been running them for years with good luck. The ln2 cav had them while on the bottle and the mp62 eco cav had them with no issues. Plus they have life time replacement, so as long as you own your or any (00-05) getrag or auto cav you can get replacemnt axles for it or any other simular. Wink, wink. Great deal if you ask me.

LIMITED lifetime warranty, which means you can only get a few replacements before you have to buy another.

I got a bad one right out of the box one time and they almost wouldn't warranty it, they told me the problem was with my car, I told them they were stupid.

From what I was told, it means they will replace it no more than once per year.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:11 AM
As far as "Limited Lifetime warranty" per Advance Auto Parts policy, it means the part is warrented to be free of manufacturers defects "for life" to the original owner. Normal wear and tear, abuse, and improper installation is not covered.

For example, the "lifetime warranty" brake pads are warranted for the life of the part against manufacturers defects, such as pad seperation, cracking, and other issues. Normal wear is not covered. In theory, once they wear out normally, you have to buy another set. If you install them and one caliper locks up, and wears the pads out unevenly, they're not covered under warranty. Same logic for axles, electronics, ect.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search