Failing trans mount or? - Transmission Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Failing trans mount or?
Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:32 PM
As the title says, I'm not entirely sure, but I think the trans mount on the cavy is starting to fail. In May I installed a ttr lower mount, and ran in a few bracket races. Ran better times than I had all last year after the mount. Same thing in June, won sport compact class, and ran consistent times. The car is an 01 with the 4t40 and shiftplus. Late in July it started to feel like it was losing power, especially on light throttle shifts. Instead of shifting hard into the next gear, it would shift and you could feel the transmission clunk into place after each shift. After it started doing this, it started to become inconsistent and felt sluggish most times. Had to change the rad a few weeks ago, and the fluid in it is new and at the proper level. Also before this point, when I pulled into the burnout box, I would have no trouble getting both tires spinning, but last race, I could barely get a squeal from them most times. Driving home tonight I tried a few moderate launches, and it feels like the engine and trans is twisting around. The car wants to pull to one side, so I decided to give the tires a quick spin to see if it was just traction related. Lo and behold, the car would start to spin both but then only manage to keep one spinning. Should also mention that every time I tried to launch tonight a service light came on, although nothing seemed to be affected, and once I shut the car off and tried again it went away. Anyone have any idea what could be causing it?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search